Author Topic: Release: A Different Sobek.  (Read 6124 times)

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Re: Release: A Different Sobek.
Nice work. Some small points:

1) What I really like is your diffuse map. You show a lot of skill. The only thing I don't care for is how the hull appears to be very broken up in the "head" portion. Nice interpretation of the pink coloring.

2) The normal map really needs some work. It kinda hides the great work on the diffuse map.

3) Stylistically I think your engine section is fine. However I do feel that the Volition model implied a much more techy/greebly engine section based on the texture they used back there.

4) Front engines are great. Good work!

One last thing... as a fellow artist, I'm totally cool with another take on a classic ship. As a card carrying member of the FSU team, I want to fire a BFGreen at your house. A brand spanking new version of the Sobek was just released, and two seconds of of the slightest bit of initiative could have made that evident. It isn't that options are a bad thing, just now we need to pick one to put into the MVP's.

So come hang out in IRC (#scp-fsu). There are plenty of Vasudan assets to do (Mentu is for you!), and we could really use the help. We also have some other awesome assets that just need a texture, and judging by that Sobek, seems like something you could handle. Anywho, hope to see you on IRC.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
If only...

RGA's awesome greebles...

Could be merged with Oddgrim's fantastic shape.

:eek:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Nicely done, I don't know which I like better at this point and I refuse to choose.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Nice work. Some small points:

1) What I really like is your diffuse map. You show a lot of skill. The only thing I don't care for is how the hull appears to be very broken up in the "head" portion. Nice interpretation of the pink coloring.

Thanks! Although I really like that part of the ship , seems like a difference in aesthetics. :P

2) The normal map really needs some work. It kinda hides the great work on the diffuse map.

Normal maps.. well I don't think they are my thing , for some reason I never seem to get it right.. oh well experience makes one a master so if I bang my head at the wall for long enough I'll eventually break it! or pass out from massive head bonks whatever comes first. :D

3) Stylistically I think your engine section is fine. However I do feel that the Volition model implied a much more techy/greebly engine section based on the texture they used back there.
Dat engines on your ship , they're really sexy I thinks. I somewhat agree with the engine detailing, but when it will be obstructed by

4) Front engines are great. Good work!
Cheers, I like them too c:

One last thing... as a fellow artist, I'm totally cool with another take on a classic ship. As a card carrying member of the FSU team, I want to fire a BFGreen at your house. A brand spanking new version of the Sobek was just released, and two seconds of of the slightest bit of initiative could have made that evident. It isn't that options are a bad thing, just now we need to pick one to put into the MVP's.

So come hang out in IRC (#scp-fsu). There are plenty of Vasudan assets to do (Mentu is for you!), and we could really use the help. We also have some other awesome assets that just need a texture, and judging by that Sobek, seems like something you could handle. Anywho, hope to see you on IRC.

Heh, heh (BFGreen my house.. :D)
I just started building it 3 weeks ago when I got my hands on a free maya 2011/13 copy from the uni , so I wanted a project to familiarize myself with the program, and choose the sobek at random for it. I didn't know of anyone re doing it since well I haven't read the HLP forums in over 2 years ><.
Havent used irc in a looong time , might join up and see what is going on c:
Doing the mentu sounds like a bit of fun, but I was under the impression that someone is already working on it?

If only...

RGA's awesome greebles...

Could be merged with Oddgrim's fantastic shape.

:eek:
Mind blown, if only. But I suspect such a project could end in tears. :P

Nicely done, I don't know which I like better at this point and I refuse to choose.
choose both!
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
We have a Mentu, but it's hard to see the differences compared to the retail model. We'd love a new one!
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.