Author Topic: Meet the Pyro  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Meet the Pyro

One shudders to imagine what inhuman thoughts lie behind that mask.

What dreams of chronic and sustained cruelty?

:lol:
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I believe in magic.

the source filmmaker looks like a promising way to make cutscenes that involve people (looking at you wcsaga briefing cutscenes with the guy that raises and lowers his arm over and over(its an awesome game but thats one of its weakish points))

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I quite enjoyed this when I saw it a little while back
Still prefer the Medic and Sniper honestly.
"No"

indeed meet the sniper captures the 1960's vibe that they are going for the best

"You know who has a lot of emotion?  Blokes who bludgeon their wives to death with a golf trophy."

By that standard, the Pyro, clearly has a lot of emotion.

The Pyromania update comes across as a little odd, since the Pyro only got a few new weapons, which were either reskins of the default loadout or kind of weak overall (see the Scorch Shot).  By comparison, the Sniper and Scout got decent new sets, and the Soldier got a pretty ludicrous new rocket launcher.  Really, though, the Spy kind of won the update.  There's now a catagory of Scout that moves the same speed as a Spy and doesn't warrant spy-checking, and a bunch of Snipers who won't, for several long seconds, unscope to see anyone around them acting suspiciously.

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
pretty fun video, although I almost expected they would reveal his face, but this is better. c:
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
There's now a catagory of Scout that moves the same speed as a Spy and doesn't warrant spy-checking

*Everyone* warrants spy-checking. You develop a large amount of paranoia when you play engie and pyro as your main, that's not going to change x3
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

There's now a catagory of Scout that moves the same speed as a Spy and doesn't warrant spy-checking

*Everyone* warrants spy-checking. You develop a large amount of paranoia when you play engie and pyro as your main, that's not going to change x3

That's true.  I phrased that bit poorly.  Slow Scouts don't automatically scream out "OBVIOUS SPY!" solely by being slow anymore.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
New scout pistol is nice, probably too nice. I'll keep using it until it gets nerfed (basically no downsides for me).

New rocket launcher is a pyro's nightmare: reflecting one is easy, but the other ones will get you.

Pyroland (goggles) are silly and slightly creepy with all the psychotic laughter.. Also, disorienting. I'm done with it, I think.

New map is OK, not great. It feels very cramped.

Sad that Equalizer got split, but it probably needed it.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
That's true.  I phrased that bit poorly.  Slow Scouts don't automatically scream out "OBVIOUS SPY!" solely by being slow anymore.

Still gonna punish any spies that disguise as scouts though. Since only like 10% ish of scouts will be using the new weap, scout is still a horrible choice for a disguise x3
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

Still gonna punish any spies that disguise as scouts though. Since only like 10% ish of scouts will be using the new weap, scout is still a horrible choice for a disguise x3

I agree
"Why the hell are you in our base scout? Shouldn't you be on the frontlines or something?"

Meanwhile, I generally disguise myself as a sniper and just place myself where all the other snipers are
"No"

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I like to disguise as spy. It's an okay disguise that works in almost any situation but it can make people suspicious.

I still like to play Spy like the Predator or the super soldier from Crysis (smart one using stealth cleverly) either way.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Disguising as Scout does have its uses, primarily because a lot of people wouldn't expect anyone to choose that disguise.  As far as speed goes, in the chaos of battle, it can be difficult to notice that your Scout doesn't seem to be moving as fast as he should.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
These days I just go with YER and don't count on any disguise to work for more than the couple of seconds I'm uncloaked anyway.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Pyroland reminds me of Blizzard doing this with Diablo III.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
dem hallucinations seem oddly familiar. il let you know when i start seeing giant mushroom people, in more ways than one.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN