Author Topic: Warp in/out animation problem  (Read 20282 times)

Re: Warp in/out animation problem
Anyhow, I agree that this appears to be unique to OS X, so I've created a new thread in the Cross-Platform forum regarding the bug and the new GLSL in Lion.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=77268.0

Thanks.

Offline Fr3z3r

• http://www.freespace.prv.pl
Just wanted to let you know that I'm having exactly the same issue here. Win7, Radeon HD6670, 3.6.12 final, launcher 5.5g. So I'm afraid it's not really OSX-specific. :/

Upgrading to 3.6.14 RC7 did not help, but -no_glsl did.

Any idea how to fix this yet?

Offline Ma-Dai

I have the same bug. A few weeks ago everything was fine, now I'm having this issue.

I tested r8095, r8670, Shadows_Beta, RC5 and RC7. The bug appears on each build.

Could be a driver update Radeon HD 5770, but I'm not sure, cause I didn't start FSO for a while.

Offline Fr3z3r

• http://www.freespace.prv.pl
Looks like a driver issue - as per this thread. Substituting a 12.3 dll did the trick in my case. :)

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
I have the same bug. A few weeks ago everything was fine, now I'm having this issue.

I tested r8095, r8670, Shadows_Beta, RC5 and RC7. The bug appears on each build.

Could be a driver update Radeon HD 5770, but I'm not sure, cause I didn't start FSO for a while.

Hmm, I have a HD 5770 with latest drivers, and everything works fine? Which version are you using?
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Valathil

• ...And I would have had a custom title if it wasn't for you meddling kids!
  • Custom Title? Wizards need no Custom Title!
i bet this is fixed by the change in the shaders where we set gl_ClipVertex even if its an ati card.
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃
┃┃┏┫┃┏┳━━┓┏━━┓┃┗━┳━━┳━━┳━━┓
┃┃┣┫┗┛┫┃━┫┃┏┓┃┃┏┓┃┏┓┃━━┫━━┫
┃┗┫┃┏┓┫┃━┫┃┏┓┃┃┗┛┃┗┛┣━━┣━━┃
┗━┻┻┛┗┻━━┛┗┛┗┛┗━━┻━━┻━━┻━━┛

Offline Ma-Dai

Hmm, I have a HD 5770 with latest drivers, and everything works fine? Which version are you using?

I'm using the 12.6 drivers. And according to this:

Looks like a driver issue - as per this thread. Substituting a 12.3 dll did the trick in my case. :)

I could solve both Issues (spontaneous cloning while exploding & not dissappering on departing) with the atioglxx.dll 11.4 (HD5770 and Windows 7).