Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 237766 times)

Got  all my rights revoked in skylands by an impatient op who expected me to remember building a 1x1 tower three days ago and miles from my floating island, instead of saying "See that tower there? You made it. By leaving it, you violated the rules."  I got randomly teleported to the dessert, and told that the op had better things to do, so I should hurry up. No explaination as to where I was or why I was there.

I wish someone would teleport me to the dessert

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Got  all my rights revoked in skylands by an impatient op who expected me to remember building a 1x1 tower three days ago and miles from my floating island, instead of saying "See that tower there? You made it. By leaving it, you violated the rules."  I got randomly teleported to the dessert, and told that the op had better things to do, so I should hurry up. No explaination as to where I was or why I was there.

I wish someone would teleport me to the dessert

I like dessert
Was it cake perchance?
"No"

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
This... could be a problem...
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Get the redstone! GET IT!

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
I see multiple solutions to get that redstone.

Bucket of water, bridging, tunneling...

Some mixture of the above...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:33:03 pm by Alex Heartnet »

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Actually, I bridged it, because I noticed the entrance to what turned out to be a very large abandoned mine complex on the other side.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Am I the only one who noticed the emeralds in the screenshot?

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft

I haven't found a single emerald anywhere. It's disappointing

Also Pec, are you still running your server? I haven't picked it up on scan for ages
"No"

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Question for you Qaz - I recall you have "trimmed" the world several times before, like during that big exploration boom.

How DID you get rid of all that explored landmass?
 I got World Edit to work and now I want ot cut down the world size a bit.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page

Also Pec, are you still running your server? I haven't picked it up on scan for ages
nope, running tekkit on the same address, port 25566
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft

nope, running tekkit on the same address, port 25566

I guess my being halfway around the globe caught up to me
"No"

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
FML. Just because I called an admin in minecraft on his poor professional conduct, I get called arrogant and spoken down to despite being nothing but civil and objective.
You know what? **** him and his servers.

Keep away from the MadRealms servers if you know what's good for you, as the moderator Zothen is a Grade A, throbbing great 30'x10' Cock. Don't even bother going to grief them.  The guy actually made me sick of minecraft for the time being, so I'm going to go bang my head against the wall in the hopes that it will be more productive than talking with Zothen.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Join the club....

And in other news, looking at the downloaded old world, it seems broken in many places. Either data corruption or griefing.
Easily visible already at spawn - part of hte buildings are missing pieces (mostly wood) or are damaged to borked in other ways.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Join the club....

And in other news, looking at the downloaded old world, it seems broken in many places. Either data corruption or griefing.
Easily visible already at spawn - part of hte buildings are missing pieces (mostly wood) or are damaged to borked in other ways.

This is a new thread, so let's not bring up old wounds. I've had my vent, and there's a plethora of other servers and admins out there.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
They only spawn in mountain biomes.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

That explains why I've found 5 so far in just a few branch mine tunnels... my island is an extreme mountain island. :p

Also, FWIW, I'm working on a full-scale mob farm in mid-ocean a few hundred blocks east of spawn. The dynmap shows minimal underground caves in that area, so rates should be good once I have things up and running.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft

That explains it
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Apparently the cliffs and storehouse at spawn were griefed right before we switched over.  I was bored enough to restore them as best I could in our dream world, though that doesn't help the offline version at all.  I was going to try something with Headdie's original house too, since a chunk error pretty much decimated it, but the poor thing has so much stuff gone that I can't really make heads or tails of how it was supposed to look in the first place.

Offline HoundofDarkness

• Guardian of The Catacombs, Receiver of Tolls
Five were met by three, whose fury were unlike any other's.   The battle lasted for hours and two fell, but when the sound arrows whistling through the air ceased, it was the five who stood victorious.

TL:DR

Venimus, Vidimus, Vincimus

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:03:59 am by HoundofDarkness »
Mankind, a cesspit of hatred and lies! - Castlevania, Dracula

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Apparently the cliffs and storehouse at spawn were griefed right before we switched over.  I was bored enough to restore them as best I could in our dream world, though that doesn't help the offline version at all.  I was going to try something with Headdie's original house too, since a chunk error pretty much decimated it, but the poor thing has so much stuff gone that I can't really make heads or tails of how it was supposed to look in the first place.

I suspected as much... Mostly wooden things burned down. Someone has been deliberately setting up fires. Something I was warning qaz about while the server was still up.
Altough I ran into non-wooden structures that seem deliberately giefed...that or chunk errors.

Eitehr way, I'm trying to fix things in my singleplayer copy, but I don't know exactly how half the stuff is supposed to look, so I ain't accomplishing much. At least New TrashMania is going well with World Edit. Finally the walls are complete.

I may upload the "new" world once I figure out how to trimm it.