Author Topic: Darksiders 2  (Read 1617 times)

Does anyone have an opinion on it?  I was thinking about buying it.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
If you liked Darksiders, then this too might be a good buy. But at full price? Not sure. I'll probably wait until I can get it cheap off from Steam. Like next year's summer sale or something.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
RPS is giving it a glowing review - bar some porting issues which were present in 1's port, so not fussed.

Had it pre-ordered, can't wait for it to arrive next tuesday (Goddamn America getting it a full week before the EU)
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Davros

I do know the graphics options consist of : Resolution, Gamma and Vsync. So many options are going to be confusing for some people

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
I found the first one mediocre at best, so it's not hard to have higher expectations for this one.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Been playing it for the past day and a half, and it's awesome. The soundtrack rocks :D
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I've finished it yesterday ...

Gameplay is great - nice evolution from Darksiders 1

However there are some story "things" I can't let slide:
Spoiler:
1) the reason for Death to think War is innocent is never properly laid out before the player ... the whole "Death has guilt issues for destroying the Nephilim" is not fully developed IMO

2) the introduction of "Corruption" appears to be a needless plotpoint ... Bringing Absalon into the universe might have made sense regardless of introducing a new "doomsday threat" to the universe...
I mean the game play right after the apocalyptic battle between Heaven and Hell in the Realm of Man ... the whole Darksiders universe should be in uproar and confusion so a lot could have been brewing at the edges here and there...

3) None of mysteries from Darksiders 1 are tackled ...
How is the voice that speaks to Abbadon after he has fallen? How could the armies of Hell been prepared for war on Earth (apart from being the Armies of Hell) while Heaven could only muster the Hellguard? Who revolted against Samael and dethroned him?

So overall nice game, some good game design descisions to enhance the franchise but as a sequel it leaves some points to be desired...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Just got it today and i really like it. PC version the keys mapping is a bit awkward but i just use my 360 controller so its fine. Theres something about the lore and vigil's take on heaven and hell etc that i just love. I even bought the soundtrack which is epic.

As for Death's reasons for thinking War is innocent
Spoiler:
According to wiki it is mentioned somewhere that out of the 4 horsemen War is the most honourable and his honour wouldn't allow him to bring the apocalypse early

I also love the makers, an interesting twist on Dwarfs, because thats what they are based on. I am just glad the PC version isn't as bugged as Darksiders 1 as that one had a few bugs that made it impossible to finish.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I am just glad the PC version isn't as bugged as Darksiders 1 as that one had a few bugs that made it impossible to finish.
Huh? I finished the first game just fine, didn't encounter any bugs that I can recall.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
One of the major bugs i had was when you entered aim mode, War would keep walking and it was impossible to stop him from walking, and it also happened when ever you picked up one of those bombs
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Never had that problem.