Author Topic: Mission 2 issues  (Read 2032 times)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Few things here.

1) Red wing fighters (or at least some of them) are guardianed, but their engines (and possibly weapons, didn't check) aren't. Which makes no point whatsoever in guardianing the ship in the first place.

2) I think I noticed red wing fire heavy missiles at fighters.

3) Not really your fault here, but red wing is utterly incapable of firing their missiles correctly at subsystems if you give them any order overriding their mission-defined orders. Which makes micromanaging a pain in the arse. But I blame the AI.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
3) Not really your fault here, but red wing is utterly incapable of firing their missiles correctly at subsystems if you give them any order overriding their mission-defined orders. Which makes micromanaging a pain in the arse. But I blame the AI.

Yeah, you either need to leave them completely alone or micromanage the snot out of them.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
On each one:
1) I'll tweak the guardian SEXPs for patch one to include that.

2) That's AI related unfortunately... They might be firing AGM-41s at Heavy Raiders since those are considered bomber+ ships. (and honestly it's a damn good weapon to use on them...)

3) The AI has default events to focus on different turrets and then to switch to dogfighting when out of ammo. So either you don't issue orders at all or micromanage the hell out of them as Sushi said.

In order to complete the bonus goals (taking out all 12 turrets) a lot of micromanaging is needed.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

In order to complete the bonus goals (taking out all 12 turrets) a lot of micromanaging is needed.

Really? I've had no trouble taking care of the turrets without making a single order.  I'm actually quite terrible at taking out the Raiders - getting 2-4 kills per missions but, I'm able to take out each turret with 1-2 (of the correct) missiles using lots of glide and reverse thrust when needed.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Yeah, but I doubt you play in Insane. So you get magic cheat buffs and all.

2) That's AI related unfortunately... They might be firing AGM-41s at Heavy Raiders since those are considered bomber+ ships. (and honestly it's a damn good weapon to use on them...)
You kidding ? Heavy raiders are fat, slow, very-easy-to-kill ships just with KEWs. Why the hell would you want to use AGMs on them.

Might be a much, much better idea to just get rid of that bomber+ flag.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras