Author Topic: Seek and Destroy Mission: Payback- , version 0.8b (getting better at this)  (Read 13574 times)

Offline Dukayn

Re: Seek and Destroy Mission: Payback- , version 0.8b (getting better at this)
Yeah fair call on the command and control thing.  In-flight rearm would be very handy.

From memory on my last flight I still had no icons in the briefing screen, but everything else was fixed from the above bugs.

Offline JCQ

• life is hard
    • FREESPACE GAMPLAY VIDS
cool mod im glad no lag, played the new version i beat it first try

Offline Cerebus

yeah, I'm going to be tweaking this one for a bit, I'll post when it's updated enough to warrant it.

needs more raiders, I got my fair share playing alone but I made it into a co-op and we needed more raiders to frak up, but this is a training exercise for me, and getting the elements of the larger battle were the priority. 

I still dont know what's up with the icons in the brief, hopefully I get that figured out this weekend.  I'll be getting some voice acting done this weekend too, have a few friends/wif that'll help out, got some buddies flying, trying to get the old lady in a raptor

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
As far as I can see looking at the mission file, there are no icons simply because you never created any. Simply select a ship in the briefing and click on the Make Icon button.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cerebus

could you be more specific?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Go to the briefing editor. The screen will shrink down to show you the mission the same size it would appear on screen (if you were running in 640x480). Select a ship and then click on the Make Icon button. You can then move the icon around and it will appear in the same position in the in-game briefing.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cerebus

I couldn't find the button, I managed to get them up late last night, there's a checkbox for creating an icon I didn't see.

something's wrong with my fred, when I hover over a ship the black box that's supposed to give ship details is blank white.  maybe the icon was there?

edit: got them, I'll have to play around with them but they are at least there now. 

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 02:17:19 pm by Cerebus »

Very lovely mission.  :yes:

Had a bit of trouble trying to figure out which wing had what armament/ship type, so I was using them as a  big swarm against whatever wasn't in my crosshairs. Maybe a line in the briefing about which wings are which that aren't available for loadout?

Wanted more raiders in the first part, especially with how many friendly wings there were. Got my slaughter quota at the end/second phase though. :D

looking forward to the update.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Cerebus

I just updated it again, it's now the co-op version, I prefer to have it as an option and it doesn't inhibit single player.

I extended the mission, updated the briefings and a bunch of other things.  a nights worth of work anyways.  I'm hosting multiplayer servers all the time while testing so if you like hit me up there, I seem to be one of the few that's visible for some reason. 

Offline Apoc

Wooow very nice man! Loved the amount you had to kill!! :pimp:

Offline Cerebus

Very lovely mission.  :yes:

Had a bit of trouble trying to figure out which wing had what armament/ship type, so I was using them as a  big swarm against whatever wasn't in my crosshairs. Maybe a line in the briefing about which wings are which that aren't available for loadout?

Wanted more raiders in the first part, especially with how many friendly wings there were. Got my slaughter quota at the end/second phase though. :D

looking forward to the update.

thanks for the feedback, here's the update :D

Update 10/8 Changed enough to justify another play through.   I've completely revamped the mission, though the strike force is still nuclear armed and the use of these arms will be critical to the attack, the fighter wings have a more realistic role, take out FTLs to prevent the target from escaping, ensure the battlestars nukes get through, ect.  Much more developed, revamped the dialogue, updated objectives, and the nuke assault is based on the Battlestar launching it's full compliment of  "ICBMs", the fighter wings support that.  The mission is more challenging now and there's always something to be doing.  Objectives are updated to make the mission premise more realistic.  Command and control is still a major factor in how things will play out, and I've updated the brief to give you a rundown of how your wings are set up to this end. That being said, I've automated their actions as well incase the player forgets or simply doesn't want to mess with commanding the air wings, though it wont be nearly as effective. too many changes this time to list them all. bottom version is newest. 

BY_YOUR_COMMAND
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 01:33:24 am by Cerebus »

Do you have a link to the mission?