Author Topic: Soo the ending ? (warning: ending spoilers!)  (Read 15164 times)

Offline eps200

Re: Soo the ending ? (warning: ending spoilers!)
Is it possible to shoot out the prometheus FTL or nav to delay them?
(yeah my literacy is **** please just ignore my posts if it bothers you)

He's a Cylon! Get him!!!  :snipe:
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
ALERT! CYLON SPY DETECTED IN BASE!

:headz:

Ah, finally got the "good" ending. Landed on the Prometheus under fire with exactly 1% hull left.

Turns out, the problem I was having was due to the old collision model that I turned on to help with phasing through the Theseus in M2(?). Turned it off and landed just fine.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
So if you turn on the old collision model you sink through the hull. But with the new one, what is the problem?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

So if you turn on the old collision model you sink through the hull. But with the new one, what is the problem?

New collision model: M2(? could be 3) you no-clip through all other ships if you have to restart the mission, but can successfully land on the Prometheus in M6.
Old collision model: Landing on the Theseus works perfectly on all missions, but can't land on Prometheus - you just bounce around on the deck.

EDIT: Can't reproduce the no-clipping in M2 through the tech room, perhaps it was patched?
EDIT2: Seems it was indeed patched out. So I just forgot to turn the new model back on.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:27:29 am by Scourge of Ages »

The original ending without jumping with Prometheus was very blunt and unambiguous about you dying in a horrible manner.

Then Mass Effect 3 came out, and ironically we decided LOTS OF SPECULATION FOR EVERYONE worked better for our game than theirs.

I'm *really* surprised no one has called us out on what the ending is an homage of...

About the ME3 dig: LOL, and yes, thank you for that. Except ME3 didn't have 'speculation' so much as 'there is no possible way for this to make any kind of sense whatsoever'.

About the homage: I think that's because it's so obvious--Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (sp?), and on top of that you've got the Bolivian Army Ending trope. I thought it was fantastically done--both the voice acting and the structure of the scene.

I have to admit, I was a tad disappointing that I couldn't order my wingmen to land on the Prometheus (or that none of them did it themselves), and all they do when YOU land is to call you a coward (rather than a pragmatist living to fight another day--in which your abilities might save many more lives time and again).
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
sounds like time to add "delayed escape" ending where you jump just after the fleet escapes.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
sounds like time to add "delayed escape" ending where you jump just after the fleet escapes.

Well then the Prometheus would be destroyed, which probably should kick off a "You broke canon" flag causing the Sathanas jumping in and carve everyone up like a cake.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Oh please add something like that. Maybe replace the Sath with The Colony or something. :D

Just have God bring it back or something with no clear explanation. It worked for was used in the show. Or do a Marty McFly fade out of the universe to the tune of Earth Angel.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:22:40 am by Dirt McStain »

Offline eps200

my plan was

1) Shoot out the nav/ other things they stupidly network on the promethius.
2) Kephlin keeps calculating the jump, their captain agrees to hold on and wait for the evac birds/ vipers to land.
3) Hold off cylons, if keplin dies at this point everyone is dead, mission fail
4) if you pull all of this off everyone lives.
(yeah my literacy is **** please just ignore my posts if it bothers you)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
4) if you pull all of this off everyone lives.

It ain't BSG without humans dying a lot during the evac and failing this convoy is the best way the devs know how to do that.

When you pilot a Viper and serve with the Colonial Government, dying for civilians and for humanity is a honorable death. Continuing to live knowing that you will protect the people from the Cylons after each launch and after each skirmish. When you feel the trigger being pressed down, guns lighting and blazing in dark, black space, one spark after another, you are saving humanity from their demise.

We will fight until our last breath and face our enemies with guns blazing.

( :P )