Author Topic: SOME Hud gauges.tbl OPTIONS NOT WORKING  (Read 1539 times)

SOME Hud gauges.tbl OPTIONS NOT WORKING
Mi Hud gauges.tbl don't suport some options like
Canvas Size
Display Offset
Display Size

how can i get i to work?

what "FS2 Open, 3.6.15" means in Hud gauges.tbl wiki pages?

Re: SOME Hud gauges.tbl OPTIONS NOT WORKING
oops have to say i'm using antipodes 7 version for a triple monitor capability

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
You don't need antipodes 7 to support a triple screen setup, that code is in 3.6.14.  Just grab the hud_gauges.tbl file from the ant7 release thread and the 3.6.14 final executable and you should be right.

Regarding 3.6.15 on the wiki, that means the feature is only in recent nightly builds, i.e. it's not in antipodes 7, which is effectively 3.6.13 (I think).
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

just tested 3.6.14 release but those options (canvas size etc) stilll not working

can you help me?

i dont understan you comentary about 3.6.15 (sorry mi english is not too good)

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The features that marked 3.6.15 are not included in the latest release (which is 3.6.14), but are included in one or more nightly builds.

Nightly builds are the bleeding-edge versions of FSO, but are not guaranteed to be stable.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

gave it a try to llatest nightly version

but i have 6 ETS bars (doubled de 3 standar bars)

using older nightly release resolved problem...

...but Canvas Size and Display Size seems not to work yet

any one can help?

Don't know how to use those options

Cockpit Target:
Canvas Size:
Display Offset:
Display Size:

and i'm interested in resizing gauges in mi cockpit

any one can help?

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Please edit your posts instead of making back-to-back posts.

These options:
Code: [Select]
Cockpit Target:
Canvas Size:
Display Offset:
Display Size:

...are explicitly for 3D cockpits that have gauges on them, and do not affect anything concerning the HUD.

The double ETS system you are seeing is a known issue, but in order to resolve it you need to be comfortable with moving files around.

You will need to download one of these three (un del tres) .tbm's:
bp2_mv_root-hdg.tbm
fsport_mediavps_mv_root-hdg.tbm
mv_root-hdg.tbm

You will have to stick the .tbm into a ../data/files/ folder within your main FSO folder. Which ../data/files/ folder this ends up being depends on which mod you are running. for example, if you are running FSO with the mediavps3612 enabled, you will have to move the mv_root-hdg.tbm into ../mediavps3612/data/files/

For further HUD modification, please refer to its wiki page: http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Hud_gauges.tbl
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

ok ty very much

now i see...

so there is no way at the moment to resize gauges with hudgauges.tbl options?

the thing is the more de resolution, the smaller all hud elements are rendered

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
There is a way to re-size the gauges on the HUD, but it is very involved. For most gauges, you must specify a background image that is the size that you want.

I do believe, however, that there are a handful of hut_gauges.tbl's and -.tbm's around on the forums that re-size the gauges according to your selected resolution. I'm sorry I don't know the exact location of where these might be, but you can still try using the forum's search function.
chief1983

------------

ty again for your answers