Author Topic: PlanetSide 2  (Read 23998 times)

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Funnily enough i decided to give this a go, on LithCorp as a NC guy. So far is favor the Heavy Assault class, but my non vid-card running comp isnt making the game easy for me, had a 12-25 Kill Death, though i think the sheer amount of Assists make the kill count around 120 or so xD

Reason i play Heavy Assault is the rocket launcher, i like to kill vehicles when they present themselves to me

Look into the Hawk and Crow missle launchers. Anti-Air and Anti-Tank lock on missiles, respectively.
TR heavy class's machinegun becomes stupidly good with a 3.4x scope and a front grip.

NC's becomes stupidly accurate with High Velocity ammo and a compensator. If I can see it with my x2 reflex scope, I can hit it with a 1-round burst. Considering I have a 100-round magazine and 4 magazines total, I can harass people forever and get assists when the real snipers kill them. :P

Also, the NC stock sniper is powerful enough that just buying a 12x scope for it lets you hit things at the very edge of your infantry render distance. It's scary strong.

Don't have enough experience with the other's guns aside from the fact that I seriously hate the stupid CARV...
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Used a MAX unit for the first time today, I learned true anti-infantry love! That thing is incredible during supported assaults.

I also used a Light Ass. trooper to get to a roof of a fortified building. Those poor TR schmucks never had a chance, no one even bothered checking the roof for me and my jet team.

I seem to be as miserable as ever using the Cylon Raiders Vanu Scythes however.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Ammo and compensator help the gauss SAW?  nice, will try that, since by the time I have 1000 certs for rocket pods they will probably be nerfed to **** and I'll wait for a 2-3x sale before getting some pounds smedling or whatever.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Ammo and compensator help the gauss SAW?  nice, will try that, since by the time I have 1000 certs for rocket pods they will probably be nerfed to **** and I'll wait for a 2-3x sale before getting some pounds smedling or whatever.

Sustained fire will still track very high quickly since the HV ammo pretty much negates the Compensator, but in return you get better distance, and you can get 3-5 shot bursts on target at medium range, single-shot at long.

Sometimes you have to force yourself to remmeber to do the bursts manually since the gun is full auto.

The reflex sight helpes as well I find. Bit better then the stock iron sight, and it's only 30 certs anyway.

Pardon the bad quality, but heres an example. I put on the x6 scope so the hit marks could be seen, but the result is obviously the same regardless of the scope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMsE3zuuO70

Distance is farther then that by a good margin, but I just wanted a quick example of manual single-shots.

I'm probably going to get a front handle to compensate for the side tracking you see as well. Need something to spend certs on.  :p
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:17:10 pm by KyadCK »

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
So I went and actually put certs into a Kobolt machinegun on the Flash ATV.

As I expected, it's more of a toy then a serious weapon.  The ATV goes too fast to aim it at top speed, and slowing down makes you too much of a target.  However, it is good for destroying the occasional vehicle console, and chasing down other ATV's with it is amusing.

I'm probably going to get a front handle to compensate for the side tracking you see as well. Need something to spend certs on.  :p

I went with front handle/compensator rather than HV rounds and I loves it. Quick five-ten round burst and move on get run over by a friendly lightning tank. Probably wont waste certs to get HV until after they do something about the render distance scaling. (Though maybe I could just stop logging in during prime goon hours too  :rolleyes: ) Its already beautiful and murderous past the range I can see targets at 99% of the time.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam

I went with front handle/compensator rather than HV rounds and I loves it. Quick five-ten round burst and move on get run over by a friendly lightning tank. Probably wont waste certs to get HV until after they do something about the render distance scaling. (Though maybe I could just stop logging in during prime goon hours too  :rolleyes: ) Its already beautiful and murderous past the range I can see targets at 99% of the time.

I change attachments based on the tactic. In close range environments, like, a biolab, I ditch HV ammo and use a Compensator/Frontgrip/x2 Reflex sight. The lack of recoil means more then my ability to shoot things at a long range.

On the other hand, when you're on the ice continent, with nothing in sight for miles, HV and the x6 scope mean I can land a few shots before they can get to me, maybe even discourage them from coming my way.

One thing that confuses me is people who use the laser thing. "HEY LOOK! I'M OVER HERE HIDING BEHIND THIS DOOR!"  :wtf:  :nono:

So I went and actually put certs into a Kobolt machinegun on the Flash ATV.

As I expected, it's more of a toy then a serious weapon.  The ATV goes too fast to aim it at top speed, and slowing down makes you too much of a target.  However, it is good for destroying the occasional vehicle console, and chasing down other ATV's with it is amusing.

You're doing it wrong, the ATV is your weapon. Run them over, you get like a 25% "ram" bonus that way and everything.  ;)

Offline An4ximandros

I can officially say that I suck at driving vehicles, though the stuttering from hel I get might have something to do with it. :lol:

I change attachments based on the tactic. In close range environments, like, a biolab, I ditch HV ammo and use a Compensator/Frontgrip/x2 Reflex sight. The lack of recoil means more then my ability to shoot things at a long range.

One thing that confuses me is people who use the laser thing. "HEY LOOK! I'M OVER HERE HIDING BEHIND THIS DOOR!"  :wtf:  :nono:

I haven't spent any money on the game yet for various reasons so I can't actually afford the HV yet. Might have helped if I hadn't bought every sight for the LMG and about 100 certs into the engineer which I don't even use. Plus the whole three-characters thing. Would be nice if certs earned were tied to your account rather than character.  :(

Never understood the laser-fetish people have either. Does it even do anything useful? (for the person with it on their gun, I mean)

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam

I haven't spent any money on the game yet for various reasons so I can't actually afford the HV yet. Might have helped if I hadn't bought every sight for the LMG and about 100 certs into the engineer which I don't even use. Plus the whole three-characters thing. Would be nice if certs earned were tied to your account rather than character.  :(

Never understood the laser-fetish people have either. Does it even do anything useful? (for the person with it on their gun, I mean)

Well good, because money can't buy certs. It can buy you XP boosts up to +50%, but you can't buy certs, and thus, anything for a gun, with money. What you can buy is Station cash, which you use to buy guns, camo, etc. I had Alpha Squad, so I got my Hawk, Crow, and AA rockets for my Reaver that way

It's like a reflex scope for the hip, you get that dot in the middle. Makes it easier to aim from the hip, in theory, but it's nowhere near as good as just aiming down your sights and it lets everyone know where you are, even if you haven't shot yet.

Cons out weigh the pros from my point of view.

Yeah well, that xp boost affects your cert-getting rate by the same amount, so, if I'd bought a membership/boosts/whatever I'd have 150 or so more certs than I do. :p

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
So I just splattered a Cylon Raider Vanu Scythe all over the windshield of my Galaxy.  It flew in front of me, and my galaxy actually survived.  Got XP for the kill too.

Also, one thing I've noticed about the skilled fighter pilots is that they tend to fly in groups of three.  It's never just one fighter shooting up your Galaxy or Reaver.

I also used a Light Ass. trooper to get to a roof of a fortified building. Those poor TR schmucks never had a chance, no one even bothered checking the roof for me and my jet team.
I also use my Light Ass. trooper for urban combat, and now if tanks ain't present it's my only urban combat class.

My other class is the Heavy Ass. trooper which I use on open fields and when enemy tanks are present.

Too bad PS2 doesn't have a classless system, I'd trade the nanomesh shield for a jetpack.

I can officially say that I suck at driving vehicles, though the stuttering from hel I get might have something to do with it. :lol:
http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/5-tips-for-tanks.47387/ This should help a bit.

So I just splattered a Cylon Raider Vanu Scythe all over the windshield of my Galaxy.  It flew in front of me, and my galaxy actually survived.  Got XP for the kill too.
The wingman most likely didn't scream the famous:
DIVE DIVE DIVE... !!!
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

I also used a Light Ass. trooper to get to a roof of a fortified building.
I also use my Light Ass. trooper for urban combat.
My other class is the Heavy Ass. trooper which I use on open fields and when enemy tanks are present.
Is it really so hard to type "-ault"? I keep reading these posts trying not to picture all these soldiers with either really tiny or really fat rear ends. :lol:

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Is it really so hard to type "-ault"? I keep reading these posts trying not to picture all these soldiers with either really tiny or really fat rear ends. :lol:

Same. That's why I abreviate to LA or HA. :P

I keep picturing Vanu. Those tight purple asses are distracting as hell when you're trying to flank magriders.  :lol:

Saw someone running around with a Jackhammer yesterday when I was playing on Sol with a fun-fun double cycler max. Poor guy used two magazines on me before doing enough damage to make my engineer take notice. So sad to see such an awesome gun turned to such garbage.  :nono:

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

I keep picturing Vanu. Those tight purple asses are distracting as hell when you're trying to flank magriders.  :lol:
Code: [Select]
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594736771545556890/21BC15F794575F0E9CE99ECF1035EF81C283B4CC/NSFW planetside 2 screenshot, this is one of the top posts on steam community :\
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam

Lol, never noticed that. I kinda liked this game for not seeing tits everywhere for once :lol: I even had female character. Until I heard the voice..
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
So, naturally, you had to post said NSFW picture here.

Good job.

Offline An4ximandros

Oh **** you Internet! I was happy a game I play did not showcase gratuitous boobassage for once. :mad: