Author Topic: Current Game Discounts  (Read 2470 times)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Current Game Discounts
RULES (Please?):

This is the thread for (substantial or unique) discounts only; post free games promotions in the other sticky.

• Include the name of the game in question, and a link to the source (if possible)
  • If the discount expires, include the expiry date if known.
  • Strike out dead entries when you become aware of them, and a mod/admin will remove them.
  • Commentary is fine, but will be removed when the thread is periodically pruned.  Commentary of value (tech support, etc) will be split out.  Please try to keep unnecessary commentary out entirely - start a new discussion topic instead.

I'll prune the thread periodically, but other moderators are welcome to help out as well.  We're going to try to keep this to a single page topic.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Re: Current Game Discounts
Holy cats this is a good bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/conquer-covid19-bundle?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_twos_tile_index_1_c_conquercovid_bundle

Into The Breach
 UNDERTALE
 Hollow Knight
 The Witness
 SUPERHOT
 Tilt Brush
 Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
 Psychonauts
 Pikuniku
 World of Goo
 Magicka
And a bunch of other games that I didn't feel like taking the time to copy/paste
And a pile of manga, comics, and nonfiction books
And $30 is the threshold for all of it!
And 100% of it goes to charity!

Alien: Isolation 95% off on Steam for 17 hours

https://store.steampowered.com/app/214490/Alien_Isolation/

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Alan Wake is currently all of $1.49 on Steam and GOG.  Fantastic game.

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
Itch.io has created a bundle for racial justice and equality. The bundle includes 745 games (including titles like Oxenfree and Night in the Woods) at a value of $3,500; the minimum required donation is $5.

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Just saw Crying Suns, it's a rogue-like, sort of like FTL or Into the Breach, with a surprising amount of detail (dare I say possibly better in some respects?) - it's on sale 30% off through July 9 (so $17.49), which is not that huge of a sale, but have a look at what you're getting:

Hidden Text: Show

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 07:20:34 pm by jr2 »

I own Crying Suns. I can confirm that it's pretty good. I'd say definitely not as good all-around as FTL.

But there's a free demo on Steam so give it a shot?

Pillars of Eternity Definitive Edition on sale for 3 more hours on chrono.gg

https://www.chrono.gg/tb

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
I own Crying Suns. I can confirm that it's pretty good. I'd say definitely not as good all-around as FTL.

But there's a free demo on Steam so give it a shot?

I got the free demo of Crying Suns from GOG a few months ago, as I was curious about the game. Haven't found time to install it yet though. I picked up FTL for free at least a year or two ago from GOG as well...and I haven't had time to install that yet either. :p
Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
GOG's having an Interplay sale this weekend.  The boys are $3.39 each.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Crysis Remastered is on sale at Epic Games for 35% off (so $19.49 after sale), and The Red Lantern is 20% off ($19.99 after sale).  SplatterCat Gaming video on The Red Lantern below, seems pretty good if you're into that sort of thing (go dog sledding in Alaska, Roguelite, some survival elements (resource management). If you like and combination of doggos / camping / snow, you should probably at least take a look / wishlist.

Sale on The Red Lantern ends on 10/29 at 9 AM and for Crysis, 11/5 at 11 AM (I'm EST so that's probably EST).

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw steam version 25% off on Humble Store for the next ten days:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/rebel-galaxy-outlaw
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor