Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 405037 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: What are you playing right now?
I enjoyed the warthog run at the end of both games.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I enjoyed the warthog run at the end of both games.

It owns! The Warthog's, uh, Rubenesque handling is a great part of what makes it so much fun. The sliding lets you use it as a melee weapon and creates all kinds of horrible "oh dear, I've overturned" situations to recover from.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I've been playing a lot of The Orange Box

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Crash Bandicoot 4.

...and it's very difficult. It's a true challenge. Some of its awards and trophies are so difficult to obtain only a handful of gamers have managed get them.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Dishonored 2 has some interesting changes.
For once you can end a duel non-lethally doing some kung fu at the right moment after a stun-parry and even drop assassinations have a non-lethal option which allows for a slightly more action-y non-lethal playstyle. Of course it's still not advisable to have multiple enemies and it's more for single guards stealth screw-ups because with multiple opponents chances are a stray bullet or an ill-advised lunge on their part might kill whoever you are trying to stun.
There are also many more power upgrades and runes to collects to go with them. I still have to get my bearings with Emily's power set yet, the particular way the mark of the outsider manifests with her leads to some key differences that are even more marked than between Corvo and Daud (I think you can't possess rats but you can turn into a shadow that can use rat tunnels for example).
I solved the crashes by disabling the AMD overlay, gradually lowering the setting to very high instead of ultra and going for FXAA instead of TXAA.
The plot seems more upfront about things, Emily explicitly knows that Corvo is her father (which was only hinted at in the first game) and that the heart is her mother, probably because Arkane understood that the plot wasn't the first game strong suit and just went with something more straightforward, even a possible "mystery" set up at the beginning gets solved almost immediately. I was surprised to see Billie Lurk, I knew about Death of The Outsider but seeing her this early
Spoiler:
taking over Samuel's role
was surprising.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor