Author Topic: Far cry 3  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Bought this game yesterday, and it's so good at times it feels like Skyrim but with guns and some of the voice acting is really well done and the crafting system quite fun expect it's very simple like made a wallet from a pigs hides.....

can really recommend this game for anyone.  :)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
WAIT IT'S OUT!?

*Falls out of chair while sprinting towards door*
Oh wait... not yet released to us Canadians...
"No"

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i'm still sour that ubisoft cut crytek loose but hijacked their game's name to slap on something completely different.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
i'm still sour that ubisoft cut crytek loose but hijacked their game's name to slap on something completely different.

If completely different means the enemies can't use voodoo magic to sense exactly which of the 506 bushes I'm hiding in so they can drill me between the eyes from 600m while firing from the hip...I'm okay with this.

Seriously though, as much as I hate Ubisoft, I've been playing a bit of FC3 today and it's surprisingly good. "Skyrim with guns" doesn't do it justice - the combat doesn't suck like Skyrim's. The enemies miiiight have snuck past the "too dumb to live" line, but it's a damn sight less annoying than Far Cry 1/Crysis AI, which was omniscient and could apparently use telekinesis to make every bullet hit you.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
 :wtf:

in my probably more than 30 playthroughs of those games combined, i've never once had that problem.  unless you use the latest official far cry patch, they did rather severely screw up the AI such that it could see through just about everything and shoot through certain objects like doors.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
A lot of the Crysis AI's problems (in regards to the Koreans) seem to be related to terrain and environment pathing - the AI is actually quite good, but it seems to get confused easily by areas where there's lots of hills/differing heights of terrain. I don't get the omniscient AI thing Twenty Percent Cooler mentioned unless I play the retail game with no patches. I think at release CryTek upped the KPA AI's aiming ability because it was too easily confused by terrain and thus allowed the player to dispatch of them too easily.

I don't get this with the alien's AI: For me, I noticed that they almost never get confused unless in a confined space: I frequently have the alien Trooper/s get stuck inside the carrier on the last level, but when it's a relatively open room they rarely get stuck unless there's a lot of crates. Most of the AI used for both the Koreans/Aliens problems seems to come from terrain issues: When they're present without the terrain features I mentioned above, they work very well.

I don't why people hate so much on the first Crysis's AI: It seems to be like the Combine Soldier's AI issues in how they were actually quite smart, but terrain confused them to the point it heavily hindered their AI until Valve patched them, so they weren't confused by terrain anymore.