Author Topic: Thank You!  (Read 2595 times)

Offline danilm

I played Freespace and FS2 when they were first released and I LOVED them. Then college intervened, and then life, and a long period of owning some severely underpowered Mac hardware. Finally I've returned to the PC world with some decent hardware, I noticed the FS titles available on GOG, downloaded them, and found the SCP.

I'm halfway through FS2_open for the first time, and I'm AMAZED.

This game that you wonderful, passionate, dedicated brilliant people have rejuvenated is the most incredibly beautiful piece of eye candy I could ever have hoped to play with.

Every light, every texture, every beam and missile and explosion is radiant and glorious. The detail is stunning.

I am so happy and so grateful to you all for bringing my childhood into the future with me. You rock my world. Now all I have to do is find my best friend from middle school (who introduced me to FreeSpace way back when) and show him what you all have done with it. If I can get a pic of his face when he sees it for the first time, I'll share it.

You've made me very happy.

Thanks.

Dan

Offline danilm

Not to mention that the gameplay is utterly smooth, bug-free, and rock-solid stable. I'd been playing 3.6.12, and I'm about to download 3.6.14. Looking forward to it!

Dan

Offline Lorric

Oh you just wait till you try some of the stuff people have cooked up around here, it'll blow your mind. Again  :D

Not to mention that the gameplay is utterly smooth, bug-free, and rock-solid stable. I'd been playing 3.6.12, and I'm about to download 3.6.14. Looking forward to it!

Dan

3.6.14 caused an audio problem for me though so I've gone back to 3.6.12.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Was that reported ? It's not going to be fixed if you're all "I've had problem X with build Y" and noone except you knows about it :)

@danilm: be sure to get a look at this if you're looking for more stuff to play !
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Also, many of the audio problems experienced in 3.6.14 can be solved just by using OpenAL Soft, or disabling EAX, etc.  Post in the support forum for help with that.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Lorric

Also, many of the audio problems experienced in 3.6.14 can be solved just by using OpenAL Soft, or disabling EAX, etc.  Post in the support forum for help with that.

I put it on the Source Code board last week. Should it be somewhere else? Where exactly? I'm not sure where you mean for support forum.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Lorric

FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support

Thanks. Very odd, that particular board wasn't showing up in my list. Now it is. I clicked my favourites link and it was there, so I wonder what made it disappear.