Author Topic: Progress  (Read 14906 times)

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
It's probably too soon to ask, but are the factions balanced?
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline majorvader111

• STRAYA... Home of Tincan and string internet
    • Twitter
It's probably too soon to ask, but are the factions balanced?

The Factions will be hopefully balanced soon thats hades job
STRAYA... Home of Death and **** internet

Offline 0rph3u5

• Someone should label the Future: Assembly Required
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Quote from: majorvader111
link=topic=83064.msg1736525#msg1736525
shivans will be a playable races later in the future, i have no idea about the vishnans

Playable Shivans - that's the only news I ever need to hear about this mod
"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nysa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline majorvader111

• STRAYA... Home of Tincan and string internet
    • Twitter
Quote from: majorvader111
link=topic=83064.msg1736525#msg1736525
shivans will be a playable races later in the future, i have no idea about the vishnans

Playable Shivans - that's the only news I ever need to hear about this mod
Exactly Enough Said
STRAYA... Home of Death and **** internet

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Currently, I think our plan is to have the GTVA split into two playable factions, one for the Terrans (mostly balanced but I'm stuck on capitalship powers) and one for the Vasudans. We'll also have the UEF and Shivans but I'm not sure about the Vishnans.

At the moment, only the Terran(GTVA) are balanced, however my progress on this front is currently halted because I'm out of ideas for capitalship abilities and the tech tree for them isn't started on from what I know.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
Maybe we(community at large) can come up with some that are viable. What ships need abilities?

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Absolutely. All except for the Colossus needs ability, here's the document (colossus stuff not filled in b/c lazy)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wBfH57J0pljauIDUQzlAz8EVJtuu9Nfwi3Kx0sDylRw/edit
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
Ok I need to run some errands, I will do some more of this later.

Ok so here's my thoughts (This is your mod, ignore this if you see fit):

Hecate - I would actually like to suggest moving the colony bits  to the Orion, due to them being older designs, they would be less likely to be found on the front lines, but they still are useful space frames (also blocky storage) In my mind, they fit the bill for colonizer better.
keep strategic focus. Add "New Recruits". Add "Fleet Coordination". Ultimate "Call Reserves". (As hecate is not a front line unit, it feels weird for it's ultimate to be a large dmg beam a la cleansing brillance)
Fleet Coordination - all friendly ships in system gain passive damage and speed. Does not stack
damage 5% 10% 15% 20%
speed 10%
New Recruits- restore x squadrons on target ship to full
antimatter 150 135 120 100
cd 120
squadrons restored - 3 5 7 10
Call Reserves - spawn x Deimos heavy cruisers in gravity well.
antimatter  150 125
cd 180
cruisers called in 5 8

Titan - Add "anti-capital weaponry".
anti-capital weaponry - adds dot or/straight dmg. against capitals, titans, and star bases. stops passive regeneration on capitals. stacks three times. Reduced anti-fighter capabilities
dot 3 6 9 12 or dmg 8% 16% 24% 32%
anti fighter damage -10% -20% -30% -40%
stops passive regeneration

Erebus - I'm thinking move tactical jump to Q and add 2 more ranks
antimatter 90 80 70 60
cd 60 50 40 30
range 20k 26k 33k 40k
for it's ultimate give it "Override Safeties" ala the Kol battleship's finest hour. keep the antimatter restored/sec, Change the hull repaired /sec to reduced weapon cool down.  Add another property (if possible): tactical jump can now be used instantly, and on 10 sec cd. But every time you use tactical jump while "Override Safeties" is on, the Erebus takes damage equal to 20% of max hp.
and again if possible, add a property that makes the Erebus take dot equal to 10% max hp over the course of the duration.
cd 180
duration 60 75
antimatter restorec/sex 3.0 3.8
Weapon cooldown 30% 45%
weapon dmg +10%
dmg taken per tact jump 20% 15%
dmg taken dot 10%

Orion-

Hades-

Anemoi-

« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:45:03 pm by Beskargam »