Author Topic: Progress  (Read 13522 times)

Offline majorvader111

• STRAYA... Home of Tincan and string internet
    • Twitter
This post will be for all the progress pics and reports. So stay tuned.  :yes:
STRAYA... Home of Death and **** internet

Offline majorvader111

• Twitter
New Pics Coming very soon so hang in there

Offline majorvader111

• Twitter
Here are some progress update pictures

An of cause here is a up to date gameplay video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGzgvLozWLI

Thats all for now, see you at the next progress update.  :yes:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 08:38:09 pm by majorvader111 »

Offline majorvader111

• Twitter
The Mod Needs Your Help. These Baby's Need Textures Made Up For Them.

http://p3d.in/u/vader111

If You Can Help, Please Contact Me On The Hard-Light Forums.

Oh my god! I thought this project had been dropped! Well this looks promising. (What are those models for?)
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

They're to fill out some missing ship slots for the UEF fleet, considering they lack a Capella-era fleet to co-exist with their current one.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Darius

Looks like a lot's managed to get ingame. How much to go before you start thinking of an initial release?

A lot of models are in, but their coding needs work in the areas of weapon range (since the fights need to be at much larger distances compared to the screenies) and ship acceleration and turning rates (since the values Sins uses are formulated differently from FreeSpace's so there's no good conversion), so we're still a good ways away from a UEF/Tev release.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline majorvader111

• Twitter
so we're still a good ways away from a UEF/Tev release.

UEF/Tev and Shivan to be exact.

Offline majorvader111

• Twitter
They're to fill out some missing ship slots for the UEF fleet, considering they lack a Capella-era fleet to co-exist with their current one.

No the new ships are going to be New Prototype Models, the blue one is the Horizon Destroyer, the green one is the Phobos Destroyer and the red one is the Mars Super Destroyer.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I'm curious, will the super destroyers be filling in for the position of dreadnought? (Like the Marza etc)

Also, why make the UEF a playable faction? If you're planning to base the game off of Rebellion, they don't have a juggernaut to fit in for the spot of Titan like the GTVA and Shivans would, nor would they have one since it goes against their ethos. Wouldn't they be better utilized as the hostile-to-everyone ships on planets before they're conquered.

What is going to be used for pirates? The GEF?

I would also have waited on the Vexxor since to my knowledge Steve-O hasn't posted his remade version.

e: would it be possible to greatly enlarge trade vessels and make protecting them actually possible? Could cut down on lag and make securing trade routes actually necessary (http://p3d.in/gFvNA you guys could have this as a UEF cargo ship if you need one)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:14:55 pm by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline majorvader111

• Twitter
I'm curious, will the super destroyers be filling in for the position of dreadnought? (Like the Marza etc)

Also, why make the UEF a playable faction? If you're planning to base the game off of Rebellion, they don't have a juggernaut to fit in for the spot of Titan like the GTVA and Shivans would, nor would they have one since it goes against their ethos. Wouldn't they be better utilized as the hostile-to-everyone ships on planets before they're conquered.

What is going to be used for pirates? The GEF?

I would also have waited on the Vexxor since to my knowledge Steve-O hasn't posted his remade version.

e: would it be possible to greatly enlarge trade vessels and make protecting them actually possible? Could cut down on lag and make securing trade routes actually necessary (http://p3d.in/gFvNA you guys could have this as a UEF cargo ship if you need one)

The Super Destroyers or juggernauts will fill the role as titans, Uef will be playable with the mars super destroyer as the titan if it ever gets finished, the uef will be playable as i might have a trick up my sleeve with the shivans and the uef. The pirates are unknown yet, might be the gef or the Vishnans, yet unknown. I already have steve-o's latest vexor, with is in the works of optimizing it and rigging it,

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
The superdestroyers would fit perfectly as dreadnoughts - the Lucifer was used in a major role as a bombardment vessel, of which dreadnoughts in Sins are used for as well, not to mention the large disparity in firepower compared juggernauts (which would make having them at the same 'level' be illogical) while there's a much smaller gap between destroyers and super destroyers.

Vishnan being pirates wouldn't make a lot of sense either, whereas the GEF would fit magnificently. The Vishnan would have potential to be another playable race, I think.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:58:57 pm by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline majorvader111

• Twitter
The superdestroyers would fit perfectly as dreadnoughts - the Lucifer was used in a major role as a bombardment vessel, of which dreadnoughts in Sins are used for as well, not to mention the large disparity in firepower compared juggernauts (which would make having them at the same 'level' be illogical).

Vishnan being pirates wouldn't make a lot of sense either, whereas the GEF would fit magnificently. The Vishnan would have potential to be another playable race, I think.

the lucifer is a capital ship with the role of siege and the gef will most likely be the pirates, with the vishans as another playable race to counter the shivans, but i get where your going.

Offline Jeclho

I don't have any experience modding Sins (although I do play it a lot) but I definitely like the direction this is going in. Keep it up, it looks great!

Offline majorvader111

• Twitter
I don't have any experience modding Sins (although I do play it a lot) but I definitely like the direction this is going in. Keep it up, it looks great!

Thanks  :yes:

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 Looking awesome, the only complaint I have is the mod's name. It could really use a change. Ex: "Blue Planet: Strategic Command" The current one is not very catchy.

Everything else looks lovely. :nod:

Offline majorvader111

• Twitter
Looking awesome, the only complaint I have is the mod's name. It could really use a change. Ex: "Blue Planet: Strategic Command" The current one is not very catchy.

Everything else looks lovely. :nod:

True, i will have a think for a new name then.

Offline majorvader111

• Twitter
Here is New Footage of Mod Gameplay, Note That Gameplay has changed a bit since the Video Was Made

Offline majorvader111

• Twitter
The Mod Needs Your Help. These Baby's Need Textures Made Up For Them.

http://p3d.in/u/vader111

If You Can Help, Please Contact Me On The Hard-Light Forums.

Just Wondering If Anyone Can Please Help Texture These Models For Me, Please