Author Topic: In the grim nightmare of the Fantasy Warhammerverse, there is only Total War.  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: In the grim nightmare of the Fantasy Warhammerverse, there is only Total War.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/warhammer-to-get-total-war-treatment-as-license-passes-to-creative-assembly-8390197.html
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/06/creative-assembly-gets-warhammer-license-in-multi-title-deal-fi/

This happened. The only thing that would shock me more is a 40k Total War.

This is a good thing, isn't it? I can't think of anything much better to package into a Total War game. I had plenty of fun with Mark of Chaos, and thought it was like an inferior version of a total war game, but still fun.

Just as long as it doesn't derail Rome 2.

I also have Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen for PS1 and they're two of my favourite PS1 games.

I don't have anything on the tabletop side of things, but I do think they make good games.

I think the most shocking thing was Final Fantasy being combined with Disney, by all logic that should have been an absolute train wreck, and I and anyone I talked to still don't understand why it works, it just does.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:12:55 pm by Lorric »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: In the grim nightmare of the Fantasy Warhammerverse, there is only Total War.
The age of awesome is upon us.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Lorric

The age of awesome is upon us.

I have to say just thinking about the sheer diversity of the Warhammer universe, I'd love to conquer a World map with all the races on it.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
To be honest, I've been saying for ages that I wanted a version of Total War that was Fantasy-based, so this is really good news for me :D

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
I would not get my hopes up after the whole Total Warrior/Stormrise debacle. It seems CA can't really branch out or make new things (for whatever reasons.) :(

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
As long as they stick to the same general engine, but with a Magic extension onto it, and just change the units, it shouldn't be too much to worry about. The time taken is probably more in the way of making assets than engines, but Total War already plays to a large part like Warhammer Fantasy Battles already.

CA do indeed stumble outside their comfort zone, but large-scale combat-strategy games are very much within it.

Games like Mark of Chaos were fun, but somewhat limited in scope, If Warhammer Total War lets you do the kind of battles that are impossible on other versions (usually because of Point limitations), maybe make it the story of Magnus forming the Empire, then it could certainly be a hit.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 11:43:50 pm by Flipside »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Wait..something like Warhammer: Dark Omen???

GIMME! GIMME!!!!!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!