Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 4210 times)

To the devs and everyone who put the time and effort to create this game.  Thank you.  I was reading PC Gamer and saw the little blurb about this game so I decided to download it.  Being an old school gamer who has played everything from M.U.L.E. back in the day to every modern game, I was excited to see this title being released.  What I did not expect was the quality of this game.  Wow.   I have NEVER had so  much fun playing on my X52 Pro joystick/throttle.  Amazing.  I would have gladly paid for this game and its FREE!!  So much fun. Again, thank you. 

Nick

Offline Echelon9

Great to hear fans enjoying it.

Offline Tingil

Indeed! Thanks a lot for such a great game, guys! :)

I've been following the news on the Diaspora site for more than two years and was really looking forward to that game. And, what shall I say, I think it turned out great! So thank you for putting so much time and effort into this project! :)

Offline Luis Dias

Finally been able to play a bit of Diaspora. And... oh god.

I wasn't expecting this kind of Quality. I mean, I am flabbergasted.

Congratulations people, you really deserve it.

Like many others, I've been following your progress from the start - before the start in fact, what with the previous effort and all.

But this has just blown me away. I wanted to to know that I've just baked my dead graphics card in the oven just so that I could play this, and the first mission was just amazing. I barely survived, made the combat landing with 7% hull integrity and adrenaline running. It felt like I was making a small difference as part of something much bigger, which is exactly what I hoped for. Everything is authentic and immersive.

So another 'thank you' from an appreciative player. Heck, I might even buy a new graphics card :)

Agreed.  I've said it before elsewhere, but the professional polish on this release really blew me away.  It's only a few missions, but I keep on playing them over again because I'm in love with the new flight mechanics and the maneuvers I am able to make in a Viper that just make it feel much more like flying in space rather than zero-g atmospheric flight.

Well done, and thanks!  You should all be proud.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

This may be the best space combat game of all time, my expectations were high based on screenshots but the finished article has blown me away, I love BSG and you have done it justice from the models and textures, sound and gameplay to the athmosphere and story.

I haven't played a game in years but you inspired me to get an x52 pro so my piloting skills could do your game justice.

It's a masterpiece, congratulations and thank you.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
You don't in any way require a joystick to do this game justice :p
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline newman

No, it's not required, but some people do feel it adds to the immersion, and some just prefer that control scheme, so let's not get into the "mouse vs stick" discussion.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Best mod of the year for me

He's awesome !

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I am flying a frakking VIPER!!  I've wanted to do this since 1978.  When the miniseries came out in 2003 this desire was reignited, but the Xbox game by Sierra just did not have the immersion I was seeking, even with Warthog doing the development.  After reading about Diaspora on Kotaku, I downloaded the torrent and patch, and dusted off my trusty MS Force Feedback 2, but I was almost afraid to install and try the game.  I am SO glad I did!

Thank you for making a childhood dream come true.  I almost feel guilty playing this without paying for it!
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

I just signed up for a forums account so I could chime in and also say huge big thanks to the Diaspora team for making this -- you guys have done an amazing job and it's super fun to play.  Great works, and I'm really excited to see what sorts of multi-player options you're cooking up...  I imagine co-op missions where it's your team of vipers vs the Cylons might be pretty difficult to make happen, but if it ever does I'll do a little dance  -- it'd be so awesome to have my & my roomies on the local LAN as a squad fending off raiders and basestars....  :D

--nomad_delta

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I just signed up for a forums account so I could chime in and also say huge big thanks to the Diaspora team for making this -- you guys have done an amazing job and it's super fun to play.  Great works, and I'm really excited to see what sorts of multi-player options you're cooking up...  I imagine co-op missions where it's your team of vipers vs the Cylons might be pretty difficult to make happen, but if it ever does I'll do a little dance  -- it'd be so awesome to have my & my roomies on the local LAN as a squad fending off raiders and basestars....  :D

--nomad_delta

Those missions are not hard at all to do, and you (or any other enterprising fan) could make them right now. Co-op versions of the single player missions are doable, as are purpose-built co-ops and pretty much anything else you can imagine.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I am flying a frakking VIPER!!  I've wanted to do this since 1978.  When the miniseries came out in 2003 this desire was reignited, but the Xbox game by Sierra just did not have the immersion I was seeking, even with Warthog doing the development.  After reading about Diaspora on Kotaku, I downloaded the torrent and patch, and dusted off my trusty MS Force Feedback 2, but I was almost afraid to install and try the game.  I am SO glad I did!

Thank you for making a childhood dream come true.  I almost feel guilty playing this without paying for it!

Well when we get around to 1CW don't be surprised if the 78 model shows up.  I have some plans for some MK I variants, especially a "YGBSM" type.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
To be honest, I'm kinda surprised someone didn't retro-fit the old TOS BSG mod to work on BtRL. Maybe someone will try that with Diaspora. The models are kinda old now but it probably wouldn't take more than a few days for someone with a good knowledge of FS modding to get them running on Diaspora.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline wolwe

Thanks to the Diaspora Team!
You accomplished some difficult tasks, like adding a cockpit view and care about combat landing. This all results in a great game.

I didn't like the last mission, it was kind of confusing where to fight and most times I ended up in the Thesius engagement zone.

Hopefully the next part will contain some clean patrol missions. :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Well there's always the option of learning the mission editor and adding some yourself. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Wish I could say I'd followed this project from the start like some of you guys..  but even as a Johnny come lately I hugely appreciate the amount of effort that has gone into this game by the development team.

I'd been feeling nostalgic about the days of X-wing and Tie fighter for some time..  and this game really fills the hole in my soul.

Thank you so much !