Author Topic: rearming in Coop ?  (Read 1847 times)

Hi guys,

I create on Coop and would like to know how to arm vessels after landing in the hangar and repair again. Can someone help me please?
Would also like to use this for a PvP (team).
Thanks in advance!

Greeting Stranger

ok  looking for the possibility to rearm my Fighters in a Coop and tried this

i think this is the wrong way but i dont know other

so someone can explain please what means the option "has-docked-delay" ? how the Hell i can dock ?

greetings Stranger

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah, that's not going to work.

In-game rearming is something the team felt wasn't very BSG so we didn't ever try adding it. It can be done however, basically you need to FRED a complete combat landing but instead of then ending the mission, you use the set-primary/secondary-ammo SEXPs to simulate the ship being rearmed. Then you let the ship take off again.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:13:35 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

In-game rearming is something the team felt wasn't very BSG so we didn't ever try adding it. It can be done however, basically you need to FRED a complete combat landing but instead of then ending the mission, you use the set-primary/secondary-ammo SEXPs to simulate the ship being rearmed. Then you let the ship take off again.

nice but i dont know what you talking about  ;). Im a Fred Noob sorry.

you use the set-primary/secondary-ammo SEXPs to simulate the ship being rearmed. Then you let the ship take off again
:confused: can you make a Mission example please ? And wth is "SEXP" ?

greetings Stranger[/font]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
A SEXP, also known as an s-expression or symbolic expression, is an instruction in FS2's native mission scripting language. All events are made out of them.

If you really want to make missions, it is mandatory that you follow the guide that was distributed with Diaspora (should be in data\freddocs, IIRC). This will take you through the process of creating a mission and explain the terminology.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

hmm their is no RCII Dir or File. But iam sure you mean all the Html`s right ?

ok then i have worked with SEXP in my last Mission and after 48 Hours it is easy to work with Diaspora Ed Basics. Used jump in and out and Mission Goals and so on.
But it is not easily extended mission properties to get a grip.
For example what means the Trigger "has-docked-delay"How i can use them ? Is it possible to trigger a landing Ship ?
i have made Missions from OFP to Arma 2, but this Editor is a other World. And i need a little bit advice.

Greetings

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah, FRED is actually really powerful considering how simple the commands actually are.

If you've read the documentation and have gone through the Full Walkthrough (I really strongly advise doing the walkthrough and not just reading it) then you're ready to try new stuff.

When it comes to landing on a battlestar, you have two choices.

1) Auto-land, as seen on the first tutorial.
2) Combat landing, as seen in pretty much every other mission.

These two work in fundamentally different ways.

Auto-land works by using the player-use-ai SEXP to take control of your players ship. The player's ship then becomes an AI ship. It can then be given orders using the add-goal / ai-dock SEXPs to dock with something. This is important for several reasons.
a) Only AI ships can dock. Player controlled ships can be docked to (support ships in Freespace 2 are an example of this), but they can't manually dock to something else.
b) Setting a player ship to use AI only works in singeplayer. It simply wasn't designed to work in multi.

Combat landing is completely different. It doesn't even use the docking code at all. Combat landing works by using the distance and speed SEXPs to work out if the player is coming in for a landing after he's been told to make a combat landing. It then immobilises the ship and plays the sound of the skids hitting the floor.

So if you're working on multiplayer, you're wasting your time using the docking SEXPs, they simply won't do anything for you. In order to make this work you're going to need to do a combat landing. The best way to learn how to do those is to open someone else's mission in FRED and see how they did it. I'll post the code from Mission 2 though. You just need to recreate that using SEXPs.

Code: [Select]
$Formula: ( when
   ( or
      ( and
         ( or
            ( <
               ( distance-ship-subsystem
                  "Red 1"
                  "Theseus"
                  "fighterbay01a"
               )
            )
            ( <
               ( distance-ship-subsystem
                  "Red 1"
                  "Theseus"
                  "fighterbay02a"
               )
            )
         )
         ( not
            ( skill-level-at-least "Medium" )
         )
      )
      ( or
         ( and
            ( < ( current-speed "Red 1" ) 5 )
            ( is-in-box
               "Red 1"
               "Theseus"
            )
         )
         ( and
            ( < ( current-speed "Red 1" ) 5 )
            ( is-in-box
               "Red 1"
               "Theseus"
            )
         )
      )
   )
   ( send-message-list
      "#Theseus Landing Signal Officer"
      "High"
      "landed"
      "#Theseus Landing Signal Officer"
      "High"
      "landed2"
   )
   ( set-camera-shudder 1000 800 )
   ( set-immobile "Red 1" "Theseus" )
   ( play-sound-from-file
      "Landing_Mag_Lock.ogg"
   )
   ( ship-guardian "Red 1" )
   ( clear-goals "Theseus" )
)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]