Author Topic: Cannot run Blue Planet mod, help please?  (Read 27089 times)

Re: Cannot run Blue Planet mod, help please?
The weired thing: I can run only several mods with mediavps_3612, most of them do not work.

What about this:

Code: [Select]
mv_music-mus.tbm(line 18:Error: Missing required token: [#Soundtrack End]. Found [#SoundTrack Start]  instead.
ERROR: mv_music-mus.tbm(line 18:
Error: Missing required token: [#Soundtrack End]. Found [#SoundTrack Start]  instead.
Any syntax error in the .tbm?!

OMFG, I may have found the error.

On some mods "mediavps" and "mediavps_3612" are not shown in the launcher in the Section "Features". I checked the blueplanet2 mod.ini file and changed

secondarylist = blueplanet,mediavps_3612;to
secondarylist = blueplanet, mediavps_3612;with a blank. Now BP2 starts with the latest 3.6.16 release. Will check it also with the 3.6.17 build.

3.6.17 also crashes immediately, log of 3.6.16 attached. Errors are different!

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Ok, I removed the "custom flags" in the launcher. Now I can choose the mission and start it, but it crashes again. Log attached.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Yeah, adding that extra space is a stupid thing to do. Because "mediavps_3612" != " mediavps_3612".

Also, I think I made it clear that War in Heaven is NOT and WILL NEVER BE compatible to 3.6.16. What part of that is hard to understand?

I mean, for the love of kittens, BP ABSOLUTELY REQUIRES the MVPs. Not loading them isn't going to work, ever.

That your MVPs are somehow corrupted due to an errant -mus.tbm is unfortunate, but ultimately a problem that you have to fix on your end.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Now I disabled the music and sound completely, "mediavps_3612" is automatically set in the custom flags, so they WERE activated.

I can start WiH2 with the 3.6.17_DEBUG build, during the trailer it crashed, log attached.

How can the mediavps_3612 be corrupt, when the md5sums are correct?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Let me walk you through this.

-mod blueplanet2,blueplanet, mediavps_3612
Note the space here? I guess you do, because you put it there for no good reason.

Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet2/adv-bp2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4d6319c8
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet2/bp2-audio1.vp' with a checksum of 0x4f978a6b
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet2/bp2-compat.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c7d79f8
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet2/bp2-core.vp' with a checksum of 0x64e738b9
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet2/bp2-visuals1.vp' with a checksum of 0xbaa4dbd6
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet2/bp2-visuals2.vp' with a checksum of 0x9689af32
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/adv-bp.vp' with a checksum of 0x670cbd97
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-audio1.vp' with a checksum of 0x58f866a1
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-audio2.vp' with a checksum of 0x213dcdf3
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-compat.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ef45eaf
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-core.vp' with a checksum of 0xe5b684cd
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-visuals1.vp' with a checksum of 0x1604e6d1
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-visuals2.vp' with a checksum of 0xcb7237b9
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xce10d76c
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d

See this part? This is where the engine lists all VPs and their checksums (which are completely useless for anything over 2MB in size, btw). See what isn't listed? Correct, any of the mediavps. Know why that is? Because there's no folder called " mediavps_3612" (WITH the leading space you put there) on your system.

Searching root '/home/oliver/.fs2_open/blueplanet2/' ... 24 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/.fs2_open/blueplanet/' ... 0 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/.fs2_open/ mediavps_3612/' ... 0 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/.fs2_open/' ... 1 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet2/' ... 1 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet2/adv-bp2.vp' ... 33 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet2/bp2-audio1.vp' ... 243 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet2/bp2-compat.vp' ... 1 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet2/bp2-core.vp' ... 92 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet2/bp2-visuals1.vp' ... 682 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet2/bp2-visuals2.vp' ... 2480 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/' ... 1 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/adv-bp.vp' ... 358 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-audio1.vp' ... 41 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-audio2.vp' ... 683 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-compat.vp' ... 1 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-core.vp' ... 47 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-visuals1.vp' ... 400 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/blueplanet/bp-visuals2.vp' ... 1561 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/Freespace2/ mediavps_3612/' ... 0 files
Searching root '/home/oliver/Freespace2/' ... 474 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/stu_fs2.vp' ... 2355 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack '/home/oliver/Freespace2/warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files

Now look at this part. This is where the engine goes through all mod directories and the base directory and enumerates all "loose" files (that is, files not in a .vp archive). I would like to direct your attention to this line specifically:

Searching root '/home/oliver/Freespace2/ mediavps_3612/' ... 0 files
Do you see what is happening here? The mediavps are NOT loaded, because the directory " mediavps_3612" does not exist.

Which directly leads to this:
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class GTF Aurora" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class GTF Kulas" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class GTF Comanche" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class GTF Seminole" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class GTF Cherokee" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class GTB Yurok" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class GTB Navajo" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTC Hyperion" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTCv Chimera" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTCv Bellerophon" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTD Titan" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTD Raynor" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class GTL Anemoi" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class Orion Refit" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class Alliance Jump Gate" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class Spacesuit" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class SJ Dante" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class Vishnan Preserver" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class Vishnan Arbiter" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class Vishnan Sacred Keeper" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class Vishnan Missionary" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class Vishnan Preacher" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class Vishnan Seeker" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name LightArmor specified for hull in ship class Vishnan Inquisitor" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name MediumArmor specified for hull in ship class Vishnan Protector" at ship.cpp:2533
WARNING: "Invalid armor name HeavyArmor specified for hull in ship class UEFg Karuna#AoA" at ship.cpp:2533

because those are defined in mv_effects-amr.tbm, a file only found in mv_effects.vp, and this:
WARNING: "Unable to find WEAPON_LIST_TYPE string "Hornet#Shivan"  in ship: SC Asura." at parselo.cpp:2707
WARNING: "Unable to find WEAPON_LIST_TYPE string "Hornet#Shivan"  in ship: SC Asura." at parselo.cpp:2707

because the #shivan variant weapons are only defined in mv_effects.vp,

WARNING: "Couldn't open texture 'blue_glow4_small' referenced by model 'UEDSolaris.pof'" at modelread.cpp:1815
because mv_assets.vp is missing,

and finally
ASSERTION: "ti->texture.bitmap_id != -1" at trails.cpp:193  Weapon trail Flak_trail could not be loaded
which is also found in mv_effects.

The secondary lines in the mod.ini are the way they are because they need to be. They are completely correct, and unless you know what you are doing and what it's going to do, you should not tamper with them.

Your issue can probably be solved by simply deleting mv_music.vp, and deleting the data directory in the MediaVPs folder (if it exists), and restoring the BP mod.inis to their previous state.

Ok, I took out the leading spaces and renamed mv_music.vp to mv_music.bak. Now it works.

Obviously this .vp is not working correctly on Linux systems with this mod/engine so far.

Thanks.

So, in principle it is working.

But: All components like HUD, list on the right hand, Text passages, etc, are doubled in their output on the screen.

Any ideas?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
What resolution are you running at? Try 1680x1050

Its 1280x1024x32bit. More is not possible with that screen.

When I run it with 1280x720 from the launcher it looks good. But I'd prefer full screen mode.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
If you're on a 4:3 monitor, try 1152x864 or 1200x900 (the latter is a custom resolution, type "-res 1200x900" sans quotes in your launcher custom flags).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:40:48 pm by Black_Yoshi1230 »
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

1152x864 looks good. Thanks guys  :yes:

Ok, the story continues ;-)

I cannot run AoA and WiH1 with 3.6.17, both with 1280x1024 and with 1152x864. Both logs are attached. mv_music is renamed to .bak.

Thanks for your input.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
...and now your system is crashing on stuff from ****ing retail.

Fan-friggin-tastic.

Please start FSO without any mods whatsoever, load a few missions, and post the log from that.

EDIT:
Searching root '/home/oliver/Freespace2/' ... 474 files
Jesus Christ wtf. Please delete everything in /home/oliver/Freespace2/data except the /players directory.

Works (so far). Maybe I have to clean up my installation. Sometimes I added mods containing "missions" folders only, etc. directly into "data".

Thx.

Im having the same issue. No problems running the original releases of AoA and WiH, but now that I have downloaded the new releases to move onto WiH part 3 the game will crash immediately upon trying to run it. I have fs2open 3 6 17 sse2BP selected in my launcher, but it will still not work. My mediavps are up to date as far as I can tell also.

Offline Luis Dias

Im having the same issue. No problems running the original releases of AoA and WiH, but now that I have downloaded the new releases to move onto WiH part 3 the game will crash immediately upon trying to run it. I have fs2open 3 6 17 sse2BP selected in my launcher, but it will still not work. My mediavps are up to date as far as I can tell also.

Please run the debug build and post the log (it's Freespace2\data\fs2_open.log) as an attachment.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Do that, but also I suspect you will need the compatibility package for low-end hardware that's pinned in the forum here.