Author Topic: So I just updated my FSO install for BP Act 3...  (Read 3171 times)

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Re: So I just updated my FSO install for BP Act 3...
This is pretty dark but it's what I roll with right now:

-bloom_intensity 25 -ambient_factor 100 -no_emissive_light -ogl_spec 30 -spec_exp 5.5 -spec_point 0.3 -spec_static 0.4 -spec_tube 0.2

Turn off vsync, make sure 3d ship and weapon selection are on, you should be ready to rock. Oh and disable motion debris. And if you've got it, turn on FXAA, post processing, and soft particles.

Battuta's custom flags are here, and work pretty great for me. Any chance to get suggested custom flags posted in the release thread, or somewhere else?

Seconded...especially for campaigns like BP:WiH, where the lighting settings used for other mods/FS2 don't seem quite appropriate(?)
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Position yourself so that your shadow is cast on the sun.

:wtf:

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Sun / CapShip, you get the idea :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Position yourself so that your shadow is cast on the sun.

:wtf:
Good to know I wasn't the only one confused. :lol: