Author Topic: WiH Act 1 Glitch  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Drogoth

Hey guys, dunno if this has been covered before but I downloaded Act three via the BP Complete install yesterday, and in the process redownloaded both AoA and WiH Acts 1 and 2.

In the mission 'My Brother, my Enemy' (the one with the SOC pilots) Part of the skybox is just a completely black square for me, no starscape. Additionally when the hud is centred on the Dea Incanus and the SOC fights I experience serious frame rate issues.

I had no technical problems running Act 3, nor any of the previous Act 1 missions.

Figured I would mention it if it's a problem since Act 3 release, if this has been dealt with, ignore my post haha.
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Parias

I experienced both of these symptoms with varying degrees of severity (black boxes over background objects, sudden unexplained severe FPS drop literally out of nowhere even though I have an i7 god-system, etc) when I was replaying one of the missions in the new WiH release. However this was only after replaying the mission I was on after failing it a couple of times.

I just assumed it was some sort of bizarre memory leak condition or something as completely restarting the game cleared all the problems up for me and it hasn't really manifested since.

Did this only happen to you after playing for a long time using the same game session - i.e. just jumping from one mission to the next without restarting the game in between, or restarting a given mission? I probably would've done the same myself (WiH is addictive!) , but FS2 tends to get a bit unhappy on my system when I alt-tab out / leave it idle for excessive periods of time, so I've had a couple of crashes.

Offline Drogoth

I was progressively playing through the WiH Part 1 Campaign mission by mission again, since the re install had wiped my campaign progress
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Parias

Right, but did you do it all in one sitting, or were there restarts of the game at all in between it?

To this end, does the problem appear at all immediately after you've restarted the game?

Offline Drogoth

No not one sitting,

Problem persisted through three restarts, just tried again now and it's gone.

Thanks!
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.
I just noticed this thread after posting about similar problems in the WiH discussion thread.  Usually happened after a long session, but sometimes they showed up right away.  Favorite ones so far:  odd-colored textures rendering on ships (not to be confused with the Team Colors option), and the sun turning into a =.  Or maybe a double ~.
I didn't feel like putting anything here.  Then I did it anyway just to be contrary.

Offline Echelon9

Yes, am also seeing a fair few graphics glitches along this line on Mac OS X. Using latest (or penultimate latest) builds.