Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > FreeSpace: Sins Of A Blue Planet

UEF Combat Tech Tree Ideas

(1/5) > >>

SpardaSon21:
Majorvader111 has pretty much given me carte-blanche to create new tech trees for this mod, and so, in the interest of giving this forum a purpose, I am asking people for advice on weapons technologies for the UEF.  If you've played WiH, you'll know what sort of technologies the UEF uses for their warships, so please start throwing out ideas on how the UEF could improve their existing weapons systems in the context of a RTS game.

Cyborg17:
For those of us who haven't played sins, what would a typical tech tree in that game look like?

SpardaSon21:
It is a pretty standard 4X tech tree where you just get a boost to the same stat over three/four upgrades.  I'd really like to break that formula though and throw techs in there that aren't quite so linear, such as Tech A increasing range and rate of fire for a certain weapon but Tech B reduces a bit of your fire rate for boosted damage (you'll still come out ahead in terms of DPS though).

Weapons are percentage-based and have four main stats: range, damage, rate of fire, and shield negation (this last one can be safely ignored since the only thing that could use shields is the Custos-X).  No accuracy boosts since weapons are 100% accurate in Sins.

Hull, shields, and antimatter (mana) all get percentage boosts to maximum values and passive regeneration, and shields can get their passive damage mitigation boosted as a flat value.

Armor gets flat boosts to armor points.

There's also the odd-man-out of mass reduction which gives you faster ships.

Of course we have the usual 4X economy boosts such as increased income, faster build speed, reduced costs for things, etc., so if you think there's any good economy techs that could be put in a military tree, go ahead and post them as well.

Veers:
Haven't played Sins in ages, and I've got Rebellion sitting here so I should install it. But perhaps Safety's off as a special ability?, I know it is off topic. I just wanted to post it while I think of it. Disabling system safety's to push the ship beyond it's limits. (before hull breach).

Anyways...

I'm thinking of something similar along the lines to the block upgrades we have seen in WiH. At least word-fluff wise. Slight changes to accuracy, speed, damage and the like for both the ship(s) in question and for the weapons.

majorvader111:

--- Quote from: SpardaSon21 on January 17, 2013, 01:46:07 am ---Majorvader111 has pretty much given me carte-blanche to create new tech trees for this mod, and so, in the interest of giving this forum a purpose, I am asking people for advice on weapons technologies for the UEF.  If you've played WiH, you'll know what sort of technologies the UEF uses for their warships, so please start throwing out ideas on how the UEF could improve their existing weapons systems in the context of a RTS game.

--- End quote ---

speak up guys the mods counting on you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version