Author Topic: UEF Combat Tech Tree Ideas  (Read 3730 times)

Offline Cyborg17

• A-1 Supar
Re: UEF Combat Tech Tree Ideas
Do you have an idea on what you would like tech trees made for?

Gattlers, PD Turrets, UEF Turrets, Mass Drivers, Gauss Cannons.

Also hull points, armor plating, and quite possibly reactor capacity and recharge rate.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Been going through this myself, and loving it; I grew up with Freespace. The UEF using overwhelmingly ballistics as their primary weapons, research that boosts Gauss, autocannon and railgun-type weapons would be most logical. The usual; things to boost weapon refire rate, damage, maybe even a DoT like the Mazra dreadnought's incendiary ammo ability. Precise details and boost types can be assigned later. I'm sure I can come up with a few examples. Let's see...

Damage boost Level 1 - Depleted Uranium slugs
Increase the weapon damage of all autocannon-based weapons.

Refire boost Level 1 - Modular magazines
By standardizing ammunition storage and loading mechanisms, ti is possible to achieve a quicker firing cycle for our ships' gauss-type armaments.

Damage boost level 2 - Gravitic coilguns
By modifying railguns and gauss weapons to use gravitic plating instead of electromagnets to propel a slug, a significant damage boost is gained.
Stardust, the Sword of Vengeance[A starship combat addict]

I realize this hasn't been posted to in a while, but I noted an oversight in possible ballistic weapon upgrade research. Range upgrades. I realize that in space in real life, ballistic weapon range is effectively infinite unless the projectile hits something, but for game purposes, this is not emulated. So range upgrade research might be something to consider as well.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Nice, I know missiles have something along those lines, but for straight up ballistics, makes complete sense.
Stardust, the Sword of Vengeance[A starship combat addict]