Author Topic: Vrash on War on Heaven 2  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Madrox

• Because destroying shivans ins´t enough...
    • My DeviantArt
Vrash on War on Heaven 2
So, in the past few day i was able to play fairly smoothly by using the specific executable to play, so no worries there, but , on war on Heavers part 2, i was going to change the weapons i was using on the Vindicator and it all crashed, i suposed it was to be expected because this was a very unusual mission (but lets be very honest,  th WoH part 2 is full fo unusual missions, and thats a good thing!), i mean, controling a damn Frigate? FS2 was not suposed to handle this kind of thing, then i tried to play the mission itself, without changing anything, itwas running pretty smooth and was finished destroying the Morena MacDuff and then i was destroying the base itself and FS2 crashed (appcrash), any ideias?

Re: Vrash on War on Heaven 2
Some people have reported crashes when Sergei Gwylim and the bombers arrive - is that what happened when it crashed on you?

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt
Some people have reported crashes when Sergei Gwylim and the bombers arrive - is that what happened when it crashed on you?

Well, it was shortly after i destryed the Morena, it crashed randomly.

For the knowledgeable people on the forum to help you or at least identify the issue, you should probably post your debug log: fs2_open.log.

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt
For the knowledgeable people on the forum to help you or at least identify the issue, you should probably post your debug log: fs2_open.log.

Problem is, to generate another log to this problem, i woudl ahve to run the Debug executable, and this alone generates other sorts of problems, for example, now i was using the 3.6.17 SSE2 provided on this forum, and  i am able to play the mission until it crashes, when i play with debug it crashes right on loading.

anyway, here is the crash message:
Submodel <turret09-arm> in model <gefwarship.pof> has a radius <= 0.1f

ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! SCP_DumpStack + 354 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! Warning + 495 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! read_model_file + 4365 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! model_load + 754 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! mission_parse_handle_late_arrivals + 186 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! mission_parse_maybe_create_parse_object + 369 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! post_process_ships_wings + 93 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! post_process_mission + 69 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! parse_mission + 1595 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! parse_main + 449 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! mission_load + 215 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! game_start_mission + 184 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! game_enter_state + 559 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! gameseq_set_state + 310 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! game_process_event + 242 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! gameseq_process_events + 152 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! game_main + 782 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! WinMain + 328 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! __tmainCRTStartup + 283 bytes
fs2_open_3_6_17_DEBUG_SSE2.exe! WinMainCRTStartup + 13 bytes
kernel32.dll! BaseThreadInitThunk + 18 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 99 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 54 bytes

And here´s the log:
http://pastebin.com/a38gH9hN

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Those are not errors, just warnings Debug throws because its paranoid it might break something (which it most probably won't). You should be able to "OK" through them.
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt
Those are not errors, just warnings Debug throws because its paranoid it might break something (which it most probably won't). You should be able to "OK" through them.

I can´t. :/

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Wait, don't you mean hit "No?"

If you had those itchy windows, they would have "Yes to break into debugger, No to continue, Quit to quit" or something like that. Keep hitting No.

(I would just say if you're in debug, and you have those Radius <=0.1f warnings, I would just hold the N key for a flat minute or two.)
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
or better yet, don't use the debug build.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt

If you had those itchy windows, they would have "Yes to break into debugger, No to continue, Quit to quit" or something like that. Keep hitting No.

(I would just say if you're in debug, and you have those Radius <=0.1f warnings, I would just hold the N key for a flat minute or two.)

That´s exactly the case, i keep hitting "No" and the errors continue to show nevertheless.
Im gonna try this.

or better yet, don't use the debug build.

Please, read the entire post. thank you.

Offline Crybertrance

Yes, sorry, I was in a hurry the other day, and forgot the actual button.
But, yeah, if you are in debugger (paranoia level=infinite), just keep the "N" key pressed till you are getting somewhere ;)

<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
But, yeah, if you are in debugger (paranoia level=infinite), just keep the "N" key pressed till you are getting somewhere ;)

Those subsystem error messages show up roughly at least 32 times (believe me, I was bored enough to count the warning beeps, and that's why I recommend holding down N). Long enough, if you get something like an assertion failed box with with just OK and Cancel as options, then it's the same dead end seen in the compatibility thread.

EDIT: See the Compatibility Thread, updated mission posted somewhere on page 2.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 03:07:37 am by Black_Yoshi1230 »
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Crybertrance

Those subsystem error messages show up roughly at least 32 times (believe me, I was bored enough to count the warning beeps, and that's why I recommend holding down N). Long enough, if you get something like an assertion failed box with with just OK and Cancel as options, then it's the same dead end seen in the compatibility thread.

Thats just one of the many pleasures of working with/using debug builds...  :hopping: :p
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:49:36 am by Crybertrance »