Author Topic: New Heavy Gear Game is on the Work  (Read 4508 times)

Re: New Heavy Gear Game is on the Work
So... everyone knows MekTek is involved in this, right? Should be good stuff, even if its Heavy Gear and therefore the inferior smashy robot franchise. :p

Now all we need is somebody to make a new EarthSiege game and the Holy Mecha Trinity will be restored.

Might be months and months late, but the thought of someone, especially HiRez, dusting off the 'siege IP makes me a very sad cupcake.  :nono:
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Al-Rik

Incidentally I got both HG1 and 2 off ebay years a couple years back, but couldn't get HG1 to work. Maybe there's a fix online I can try out. Couple old games that I Can't get working! darn it PC!

AFIAK Activison used for Heavy Gear 1 the old Engine of Mechwarrior 2 - maybe a guide for running Mechwarrior 2 under XP has some solutions what also work with HG 1 ?

An point of concern are the Cutscene Videos from Heavy Gear, if they are played from the CD (that´s also a problem with Heavy Gear 2, together with some audio files).

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
even if its Heavy Gear

Have you, perchance, had any contact with DP9 in the last few years?

They're a disaster. I said the last edition had teething troubles. That was before I tried playing it or talked to any of the testers. It's terrible. The company is a wreck, the only people left from the glory days are in accounting, it's real bad. Release schedule is gone, quality is gone.

It hurts me to say it, but the company's terminal. I don't want to see it propped up by this game.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

even if its Heavy Gear

Have you, perchance, had any contact with DP9 in the last few years?

They're a disaster. I said the last edition had teething troubles. That was before I tried playing it or talked to any of the testers. It's terrible. The company is a wreck, the only people left from the glory days are in accounting, it's real bad. Release schedule is gone, quality is gone.

It hurts me to say it, but the company's terminal. I don't want to see it propped up by this game.

Isn't it run by some former fans or something?
Suppose that strategy has more/less worked for battletech but maybe not so much for Heavy Gear? I dunno. Too bad.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

Not unless you consider the accounting department former fans.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Not unless you consider the accounting department former fans.

Well I thought there was a demo guy originally from alberta or saskatchewan who sort of took over line development from the original creators. This was a few years back.

One thing I had heard recently is that the . .Jovian Chronicles minis got canned? Or the entire battle system? (Lightning Strike) Not sure about the RPG side of things.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:37:12 am by Akalabeth Angel »