Author Topic: THQ owned IPs up for auction  (Read 3241 times)

Offline Luis Dias

Re: THQ owned IPs up for auction
Kin you move the wii out, Matth? :D

Ah, well this answers my old question at least: "Did the Red Faction and Homeworld IPs transfer along with the sale of their developers?" So that's a "no".
We can still hope that Sega will buy HW and Koch will buy RF to keep them with their respective devs.

Also, RE: Homeworld Kinect. I would play that if only for the ability to do this:

"Battlegroup 1, fire at will!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tBM2ZfncoU&feature=youtu.be&t=1m51s

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I wonder if the Geomod tech itself is for sale, or whether that's included as the RF IP...
Because honestly, if I was a company, I'd want to get my hands on that **** and start using it in ALL of my games
"No"

Offline Mikes

I'd like another homeworld or supreme commander game, but not with either touch or motion controls :-/ What is wrong with people these days? If I am playing RTS, I expect command-console like GUI, even more in a sci-fi theme. Using new tech "because we can even though it has no real purpose" is wrong way of thinking xD Voice is great idea tho :)

Also i'd love to have a worms game with the customizing ability of worms 2 again. You could have set everything in that game, even stuff like angle at which the clusters are gonna come out. It was perfect.

why would we need to get rid of the established stratergy UI because it's on a touch screen?

Have you played a strategy game on a touch screen?

Good old Battle of Wesnoth on a tablet is kinda neat and feels much more natural than mouse/kb actually.

And now I hear the windows version of Civ V supports touch controls as well :)