Author Topic: Error starting Ancient Shivan War  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Kernal7

Error starting Ancient Shivan War
Greetings from a new member but long time fan of hardlight & freespace.

I get this error when trying to start the Ancient Shivan War part 1 mod. I've only been able to make it as far as the splash screen. I have the mediavps 3.6.12 installed correctly as several other mods work just fine. Since the error seems to have something to do with this super cannon thing, I tried deleting the optional shureiken .vp file, as well as downloading everything again, but no to avail.

weapons.tbl(line 506:
Error: Missing required token: [+Count:]. Found [+Type: sparkler ]
in weapon: Ancient Super Cannon
 instead.

<no module>! KiFastSystemCallRet
<no module>! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
<no module>! <no symbol>
<no module>! <no symbol>

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Error starting Ancient Shivan War
Posting a fs2_open.log would be helpful in finding the issue, see my sig for details.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Hi, I have exactly the same error and tried the same things as OP. I've attached my fs2_open.log. Any help would be appreciated. I can play the regular FS2 campaign w/ MediaVPs 3.6.12 fine. Thanks!

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
^about your name, don't tell me that's also your email. :blah:
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
What version of FSO are you using? This looks like the kind of error that pops up when older versions of the engine run into features designed for more recent versions. An upgrade to 3.6.18 might solve the issue? In the_dent's log, it says 3.6.12 - that definitely wont work for ASW.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Looks like I'm running 3.6.12. I'll upgrade and get back to you. Would you do me another favor and remove the "@yahoo.com" part from my username? I wasn't thinking when I did that :D I checked and the_dent2001 is available. I can re-register if that's better, just don't want to leave a dead account in the system.

What version of FSO are you using? This looks like the kind of error that pops up when older versions of the engine run into features designed for more recent versions. An upgrade to 3.6.18 might solve the issue? In the_dent's log, it says 3.6.12 - that definitely wont work for ASW.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!

Looks like I'm running 3.6.12. I'll upgrade and get back to you. Would you do me another favor and remove the "@yahoo.com" part from my username? I wasn't thinking when I did that :D I checked and the_dent2001 is available. I can re-register if that's better, just don't want to leave a dead account in the system.

I can't change display names, but I've reported this to the admins, they'll do something about it soon, hopefully.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Changed names to something which won't result in a flood of spam. If that's not acceptable, just tell me.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

The display name is fine. Thank you. I upgraded to FSO 3.6.18 and ASW1 works fine now. I copied the 3.6.18 files to the FreeSpace directory, selected the correct exe in the launcher and voila! Game on. Thanks all.