Author Topic: Wololoo  (Read 2019 times)

http://www.ageofempires.com/age2.html

Definitely going to buy this when it goes on (a slightly more generous) sale.

Oh my...

I recently loaded AoE2 up again to play a single match, and that made my brother start playing it in depth for about his 4th time. This will make it irresistible to get back into. I'm looking forward to it!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Do waaaaant.  My brother was always a bigger RTS fan than I am, but I've sunk who knows how many hours into this game myself.

Offline Sololop

I am so buying this, holy crap, it's been years!

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
I played this game with friends about couple of months back, I couldn't get my heartbeat down to normal for the rest of the night! Trying to play this properly is insane (for me, I don't actually play that many games).

This just makes me want an HD MechWarrior 3. :(
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
What is HD here exactly ? They just increased the max resolution ? Sounds a little cheap to me...
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

No, they also re-did the sprites in a higher resolution.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

No, they also re-did the sprites in a higher resolution.

And the textures, according to the thing.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I don't really see any of that on the screenshots...

And the textures, according to the thing.
The sprites are the textures...
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

The sprites are the textures...

Er, indeed. I thought he was just talking about the animated units and things. Carry on...

On newer computers, at least my own PCs, i've had some strange artifacts sometimes in the old AoE2 so this is very welcoming. I've made a bunch of levels in AoE1 and 2 that I revisit sometimes, complete with all sorts of triggers and dynamic spawning of troops. I've tried transferring it over to another PC with no success though so I never got around to putting them online.

I remember when Microsoft Zone went down in, i believe 2003 or 2004, sad day. Used to play AoE1's all-Choson non-artillery infantry wars online or the many variations of AoE2's Castle Wars and it's RPG levels. Lots of memories to say the least. Looking forward to seeing the game release and seeing both new and old player (re)discover this classic.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Where the hell did this topics come from? My post is better. :p
Aaaaahhhh!

This is producing a very hard to ignore itch!

AoE II is arguably the first game I ever played seriously, and also one of my favorite RTS of all time. I've also been playing it since I was 8. :nervous:

Ever since I saw the preorder availability on Steam (Might be old news, but I only noticed it a few days ago), the urge to spend of what little I have has been hard to resist...

Thoughts?
Has anyone tried this out yet?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
In and subbed.

I play this game fairly regularly with my friends and this should give it a nice kick up the behind. It'll just be a shame to see the Forgotten Empires mod being relegated to un-HD'd AOE, though.