Author Topic: Voice Acting Call *CLOSED*  (Read 12821 times)

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Welp, sent a through lines through to check out. Shame I rarely have an empty house so I can go bombastic and loud. I sound crappy when I'm quiet.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

I was working on one, but then my voice went sideways because of allergy stuff. Obviously can't work on that for now, but I went ahead and did one with my messed up voice just for the heck of it. Maybe y'all will get some use out of it until I can do my real one.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Reply sent!

General update: We've received good submissions over the past month, but we could still use a few more pilot persona contributors. If anyone reading this has been thinking about submitting but hasn't gotten around to it for whatever reason, well, I think Homer Simpson said it best.

Stop thinking and start doing! :D

Hey guys,

I've done some recordings for you (not sure how good they are - I'll let the experts decide).

I'm just trying to find an app for converting the sound files into the required format.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

Duncan

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Audacity?  Should just be able to open files with it and save as another type if I recall.  Not sure if it can do batch converting though, which if you have a lot of samples would be nice.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
I'd go with Audacity, and yeah, it can even do batch conversions (File->Edit Chains... and so on).

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
What format did you record them in? AIFF is pretty much the same thing as WAV and is also perfectly acceptable.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the tip on Audacity - it worked like a charm.

The files were originally recorded in WMA format so an extra library for Audacity and it converted them to WAVs.

Anyway I have now sent 3 emails (each with a zip file) to the email address for you to have a laugh at!!

Hope some of them may be useful - in truth it was my first go at voice acting and with a fairly naff microphone as well...........

Thanks again for the help!!

Cheers

Duncan

Are you able to adjust the bit rate on your end? I recorded all the lines, but I'm not sure how to change the bit rate, or even what the bit rate is on my recordings.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Yeah, we can dither down from a higher sample rate or bit depth no problem. Sample rates lower than 44.1k work fine as far as I can tell (the retail sound files are of lower quality), they just don't sound quite as nice. Now that I think of it, lower quality files are probably just fine for characters that only have radio dialog (as opposed to briefing stuff). So yeah, send 'em in! :)

Just sent in my Han Solo submission. Everybody needs a scoundrel and his best buddy helping you in a space. This is great to see such awesome work going into this!

https://soundcloud.com/william-davis-10

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
OP updated--this round of VA is closed! Awesome work to everyone who submitted! Watch this thread for further updates!

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I just want to point out I hate laryngitis. I've had it for ages. But I'm getting over it so I should have my recordings in soon-ish.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Awesome, looking forward to it!

Update: If everyone who's signed up delivers on their assigned VA, we're gonna have an impressive array of pilot personas. Go team!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
 :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
  • maveric modeler, the sky is just the begining
K will give a go at a first attempt this week

I can do some pretty interesting voices, including a perfect Smeagal. Unfortunately my mic is broken so I will have to wait until I can afford a new one.

Offline DamianLoki

• The cleverest retail security guard in the UK.
Heya, I joined the forum purely for this, I just sent in half a dozen samples of me doing my best Imperial Commander voice (I talk like that normally, just less arrogant) to the fotgvoice addy, so hopefully I can be useful.

Also, hiya.
Beware the dark side, you'll trip & fall.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Reply sent!

I know I said this before, but we're gonna have a nice big bunch of pilot personas. Now to brush up on my wookie.

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Reply sent!

I know I said this before, but we're gonna have a nice big bunch of pilot personas. Now to brush up on my wookie.

RRRRRRAWWWAAGHARARAAGAAGAAAGAAAGHHHH.

In other news, I'll start recording mine once I'm finished on my... supah, seekret project...