Author Topic: Blue Planet Lag?  (Read 1265 times)

Just finished the fs2 campaign for like the third time, never gets old but I wanted to see more of the story. So I downloaded blue planet and started playing. Im about 8 missions in and the whole time I keep getting random frame drops. It will be a solid 60fps then drops down to 25-35 for some time then goes back. I played fs1 and fs2 with all the mediaVPs for graphics possible and maxed out in settings and in the launcher with a solid 60fps the whole time. Why is it lagging like this for BP? My pc is weak but I thought it was overkill even with all the graphics enhancements for fs. Here is the log of me playing through about half of one of the missions... Ive messed around with the launchers graphics settings to no solution.

win 7 64bit
core 2 quad
2gb ddr3 800mhz (my 8gb 1600 is giving me problems)
4870hd 1gb

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
BP builds use special deferred lighting code that can cause slowdown even on high-end systems. Try turning down the lighting detail setting in the in-game graphics option menu.

Alternatively try the compatibility package here http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=83606.0

i tried both those things they didnt solve the problem but they helped a lot i rarely dip below 30. its an obstacle but it is playable. thanks alot :)

now i just need to get past that damn forced entry level

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
trebs.
I like to stare at the sun.