Author Topic: Problems with Return to Babel mission  (Read 7378 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Problems with Return to Babel mission
First of all, sorry for the delay in looking at this, I've been on some holidays... and playing too much MekHQ AtB (blame GenGame for leading me astray! :nervous:)

Kane Kaizer: which mod were you playing with?  You've got a non-standard "GTD Kaizer" in your pilot file which is stuffing up my attempts to reproduce your error :)
1) Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
2) Can you give me a download link for the mod?  Or reproduce the error without the mod enabled?

Sacro: still looking at your pilot file, hopefully I'll have some info for you soon

markoshark: could you please attach your 3.6.18 & 3.6.19 pilotfiles to this thread?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Attached.
I also tried to get an error log, but can't get into the mission :(

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Thanks markoshark.

Sacro - I think I've found the cause of your issue, try using these pilot files.  Copy them into data/players, if you have already restarted the campaign with this pilot them this will overwrite that pilots progress.

edit: and in zip format

[attachment deleted by ninja]
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Sacro

Yep, those files work perfectly - thanks for that and all the work you put into it.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
markoshark - was your pilot playing a different mod?  There's a whole bunch of extra "#Shivan" weapons in your 3.6.18 pilotfile (markoshark.FreeSpace2.cs2).  My attempted conversions of your pilot are failing because I don't have the same weapons in the mediavps_3612.  Could you please post the mod that you're playing with?
----
----

Strange - I'm not using any mods - only FSOpen 3.6.18 SSE, and using full mediaVPs 3.6.12

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Yep, that is strange.  Could you please post a fs2_open.log?  (see my sig for details)
----
----

Same problem as Sacro, same result after using nightly fix.  Looked for a link to pilot files supplied to sacro but couldn't find them.  Maybe I'm blind, but was wondering if I could get some direction.

Thanks!

Edit :: Now that I'm registered I can see them.  Will DL and try. Please disregard :P

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Have you tried the 2014 MVPs?

No? Got open installer last week and have beeen tearing through the FS and FS 2 campaigns.  Thought I had the most up to date files...

Edit :: Literally installed from fresh DL on Jan 5.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Ahh, the open installer is broken, nobody should use it! That's why we delisted it!

Update to MediaVPs 2014 and to a 3.7.1 build (as the MVPs instruction post will tell you).

Link please? Apparently google led me astray the first time :P

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86475.0

We're working on a new automated installer. In the mean time, let me know if you need any help getting the new MVPs set up or selecting your new build.

Your responsiveness astounds me in the most positive way possible (this game was made in 1999; for the mod community to be this active is truly incredible).  Thanks you very much, sir! o7