Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 163085 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
Clearly the hierarchy are cringing in fear before the 2nd CRF...  ;)
I think your fleet just became the primary target  :drevil:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

Clearly the hierarchy are cringing in fear before the 2nd CRF...  ;)
I think your fleet just became the primary target  :drevil:
I would expect it anyway. The 1st UGC is harder to kill, and my stats are better than the 2nd SF.

I am Lorric, and you'll find me where the fighting is thickest.

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Hey, Spoon, can we get a quick detailing of the political structure of the Delest Dynasty? Is it some sort of feudal system, something like the Tzar-era Russia, some constitutional/democratic monarchy like the UK, or something else? Who is on top (President, Tzar, King, Duke etc?) Who is really important (Nobles, Senators, Ministers, MPs?) Who tells the military what to do (Minister, Marshal, High Admiral, the Tzar himself, local military leaders?) How is the society structured (repressed low-class citizens, serfs, middle class citizens, nobles, rich folk etc?)

I'm thinking, since it will take me some time to reach the front lines, I might as well do some political maneuvering and engage in some world building and intrigue behind the scenes.  :P

EDIT: OK, WTF? I assume there is some explanation concerning the reason why certain enemy fleets started with 150% forces.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:18:43 pm by Enioch »
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Aaand Turn.
I'm working on the video that will accompany the post, should be done in a few hours from now.

Hey, Spoon, can we get a quick detailing of the political structure of the Delest Dynasty? Is it some sort of feudal system, something like the Tzar-era Russia, some constitutional/democratic monarchy like the UK, or something else? Who is on top (President, Tzar, King, Duke etc?) Who is really important (Nobles, Senators, Ministers, MPs?) Who tells the military what to do (Minister, Marshal, High Admiral, the Tzar himself, local military leaders?) How is the society structured (repressed low-class citizens, serfs, middle class citizens, nobles, rich folk etc?)

I'm thinking, since it will take me some time to reach the front lines, I might as well do some political maneuvering and engage in some world building and intrigue behind the scenes.  :P
The Delest Dynasty is wierd, its society is sort of a mix between russia, china and japan.
There is always one Emperor or Empress who is basically treated as a divine ruler, currently that is the 30 year old Empress Yu Ki Kohakuren. The rest of the Delest family take all the high positions everywhere else. There are no political elections.

Society in the DD is a form of communism, overal wealth and technology is high but freedom is low. Once you get out of the education system you are basically assigned a job that is determined to fit you. You are expected to perform your assigned task/job and if you underperform they will find somebody else who fits the job better, usually resulting in you recieving a job with 'less responsibility' (You've just brought shame to yourself and your family).

Being an admiral means you have proven to be talented enough to lead a fleet. However the elite troops and superior equipment are always prioritized to the fleets led by Delest family members. There is rarely a shortage of troops (if need be, anyone can just be reassigned from his/her current job to the military) but the quality of troops can vary greatly in the DD.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Lorric

I think it best if I retreat and someone take my place.

I think it would be a good idea for me to regroup at Tauri. I can get back to full strength and use defend to face whatever is coming. Whatever is coming is neither Cordi or Nordera, and the 1st fleets so far have been at 150% strength. I doubt I can face whatever is coming alone even prepared so.

I would request the newly arrived 4th SF to join me there and when the 2nd UGC arrives for it to also head for me. We cannot take any chances with such valuable systems.

So, the early idea would be:

T-1
move to Tauri
resupply

T-2
resupply
defend

and T-3 would see the enemy arrive.

The 4th SF will be able to do this:

T-1
move to Polaris
move to Librae

T-2
move to Tauri (minor)
defend (major)

Offline Lorric

Hey Spoon...

Unless medieval-style armour has come into fashion amongst the girls of the CRF in this time period, am I wandering around in full knight armour or something?  :lol:

Oh and well done on the first turn, I'll have more to say about it all once the video is in place and watched.

Oh God my fleet just got gang-banged by a couple Nordera ones.  Help!
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Lorric

Oh God my fleet just got gang-banged by a couple Nordera ones.  Help!

Sparda, I think if you stand and fight, you're going to be destroyed next turn. Your fleet is down to 60% strength from 2 attacks. You will take damage from the Nordera you attacked, then receive 2 more Nordera attacks and the 4th Cordi is in position to move in and attack you as well.

Even if you somehow survive that, no one can cover you, and you'll be destroyed trying to flee the turn after that.

I would retreat 2 spaces to Aquarius, you'll take some damage, but the 1st CRF and 1st DD can arrive in Vega and cover you and block the enemy while you repair after that.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 03:39:07 pm by Lorric »

Offline Torchwood

• Mechanical Templar
Hey Spoon...

Unless medieval-style armour has come into fashion amongst the girls of the CRF in this time period, am I wandering around in full knight armour or something?  :lol:

Oh and well done on the first turn, I'll have more to say about it all once the video is in place and watched.

I think the uniform just looks like plate armour, but is actually cloth or plastic. The CRF are nostalgic, not impractical.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Eh if you're sitting on the bridge of a spaceship giving orders, platemail is fine. Not like you need to be able to run around and stuff you know. You're just barking orders and occasionally pointing at things.
You don't need to move, and if its got a vacuum-tight underlayer all the better!
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Lorric

Spoon, shouldn't we have some intel on that 1st ? fleet in Algol? Even though there are no fleets there surely an entire system can get us some intel on the enemy? Especially when they can't use secure until the next turn?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Hey Spoon...

I think the uniform just looks like plate armour, but is actually cloth or plastic. The CRF are nostalgic, not impractical.
The CRF, the only military in which it is fashionable to wear plate armor.
It's made of a light, flexible and durable material. It offers a good amount of protection without slowing the wearer down.

Spoon, shouldn't we have some intel on that 1st ? fleet in Algol? Even though there are no fleets there surely an entire system can get us some intel on the enemy? Especially when they can't use secure until the next turn?
Maybe the enemy is really good at jamming. Cause apparantly little to no intel has reached you.

Now what I'm wondering is, why are you retreating out of a good fight right after your Queen has told you to be stalwart?
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Lorric

Maybe the enemy is really good at jamming. Cause apparantly little to no intel has reached you.

It's the Fura'ngle. I think

Now what I'm wondering is, why are you retreating out of a good fight right after your Queen has told you to be stalwart?

I'll write her a report.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Right now I'm stumped on the following error:

Loading model 'none'
ERROR: Can't open model file <none>
Line: 969
Int3(): From d:\users\swifty\software development\freespace open\git\code\globalincs\windebug.cpp at line 1247

And I havent found it after double and triple checking. So I'm going to catch some sleep and have an other go at it tomorrow, Hopefully I'll be able to actually deliver on the promised video footage tomorrow.

Urutorahappī!!

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Someone refresh my memory: the admiral commands the fleet, but there'd be another officer in charge of his flagship when he's sleeping or whatever, right? What rank would that officer be?
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Captain. The admiral also gives command of the ship to him when in combat.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Lorric

Iera turned to his XO, Arnaya Regulle, a pale, blonde-haired woman who looked like she was chiselled from ice instead of born.
Hmmm...

She even looks like she belongs in with the art style of Spoon a bit! :lol:

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
LOL

I have never seen that before!
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Lorric

LOL

I have never seen that before!

:)

It is Shiva from Final Fantasy VIII if you want to look it up. However, that is fan art that is significantly different to Shiva. I was just going to use Shiva, but then I saw that and thought it looked quite like something Spoon would make, so I used that instead.

Lorric, you made me laugh. Shame on you. :P

Shame on me? Do you not like laughter? :D

Offline Lorric

"Jerry actually did us a service by installing his Firespace 4 game to almost every computers in the ship, so it should be installed here. Good thing he also has also installed this Winds of Dusk mod, it does nicely because it has fairly accurate data of every known Terran and Cyrvan ships.

:D

Did you know about the A Nord Era Day expansion pack?  :)