Author Topic: [Release] SSP Chakra 1.2  (Read 10512 times)

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
[Release] SSP Chakra 1.2
it's done, complete with shield icon and table, get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u5cet0c7nsz8h8f/chakra_1.0.rar
As usual, free to use and change for everybody, and let me know if something is broken

original OP:
Hi, i'm working on a shivan ship that will be able to produce a huge shield and with it shield several other (capital) ships
anybody got a good idea how to call that class of ship? SSS (shivan shield ship) Malphas sounds goofy, and SSG (shivan shield generator) is the same as a sentry gun...
discuss:

defending itself:

guarding lucifer:

from the front:

from the back:

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:23:46 pm by fightermedic »
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

SGS? A Shivan Guardian Ship?

It's very interesting. Looks like a Chaos base out of Dawn of War. Would it be possible to break up the radial symmetry? It's hard to tell which way is up and down, and the only clue are those small engines in the back.

Offline Luis Dias

There is no up or down in space.... read your ender's game man.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Doesn't necessarily need a class acronym. Comm Nodes don't have one.

Or if it's cruiser-sized you could just keep SC and say it's a specialized support cruiser.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
I dunno about you guys, but this looks to me like a super-sized beam cannon on steroids...  :shaking:
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Andhaka maybe?

oh you mean the class name, SGS sounds good. Some other sinonims just to give an option: Warden Ship, Custodian Ship, Buffer Ship.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:28:43 pm by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...

Offline Lorric

That is an interesting design indeed.

What about SP - Shivan Protector.

Offline fightermedic

SGS sounds cool, Shivan Generator Ship came to mind hearing that, but i really like SP - Shivan Protector too, thanks for the inspiration guys

@Crybertrance, now that you mention it, i can totally see this as some shivan mjolnir if somebody wants to use it that way and it's scaled down ...

breaking up the radial symmetry is not an option though, there's going to be rotationg stuff and it need to be radial for that to work
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Lorric

You're welcome.  :)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
A Chakra is a a disk shaped weapon used by Vishnu.  Hindus use it as a symbol of protection.  It sort of looks like your ship and goes with the Hindu/Shivan theme.

If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline fightermedic

that similarity is not intentinal, but cool none the less
now i wonder about a complete name change...
damn, i'll do it, that'll go into the description as a explanation for the name, great stuff man

edit: and changed, that'll save me the trouble of finding a name should i ever model another shivan ship :P
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
If used right in missions, this might give Shivans more tactical diversity and generate interesting mission possibilities.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Is there a mechanic in the engine that enables this sort of thing? Shielding other ships? (beyond getting in the way)

Offline Luis Dias

yeaaaaah it looks like a chandelier. No offense :D

Offline fightermedic

Is there a mechanic in the engine that enables this sort of thing? Shielding other ships? (beyond getting in the way)
this ship simply is going to have a shield much larger than it's own size, any ship flying inside that shield will be save from fire outside
think star wars:

yeaaaaah it looks like a chandelier. No offense :D
you sir, have a weird chandelier at home, what's your real name? vlad dracula? ;)
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Lorric

you sir, have a weird chandelier at home, what's your real name? vlad dracula? ;)

I'm not sure why, but I find this really funny, you got quite a bit of laughter out me, I'm still laughing!  :lol:

Vlad Dracula, now that's a name and a half, I can't stop laughing! "Hi, I'm Vlad Dracula!"

Offline Luis Dias

"SG Dracula's chandelier". Now that's a name!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
SSP - Shivan Shield Platform
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
SSP could also be Shield Projector.
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon