Author Topic: Arvoch Alliance  (Read 2037 times)

I know this is not Star Citizen but has anyone looked at this Space Combat sim? Unlike there other titles using the same engine this one is suppose to be mission driven like Freespace 2. Supports multiplayer co op and PvP. Has a nice cockpit and can use Trackir. Graphics look decent enough and they have a fully functional demo. I am not at home right now so I can't try it myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdoGyvV6GMA

Dose shockwaves... seem to have been lifted directly from FS2 Retail. Other than that, it looks decent enough. Maybe not really anything super special to recommend it over Star Citizen, Starlight Inception, or Enemy Starfighter, or even good ol' FSO, but worth keeping an eye on I guess.

Dare I say it, I think we're getting a sudden boom of space sims, enough that we can be picky about what we play.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Between the shockwaves, the slashing beams and the nebulae, this game obviously draws a lot from FS.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
They're not retail shockwaves. I don't know why, but I don't like them. The planet surface looked niiiiiiiiice.

Everchron......why are bells ringing?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
HM...ships appear simplistic...can't see any turrets on them either.
but it does havea FS-ish vibe.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Yep. Gameplay looks nothing special, and the ships are all boring, blocky and they all use the same grey, artlessly-greebled texture. This looks like a one-man project by someone with a very generous view of their own artistic ability.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline docfu

I've played an earlier version of this, I think it was Evochron Alliance or one of those. It was cool to play at first, but after about 10 hours you've seen everything the game has to offer because everything is generated from formulas. It's heavily repetitive and most of the missions were just "fly somewhere, get badly written clue, waste hours thinking about the answer, give up and read the faq, fly to the next area for the next clue."

Designing your own ship was fun until you realized all ships were based off the same equations and the size/appearance absolutely didn't matter.

Spaceship encounters were random...but they were constant. It didn't matter where you went...there someone was...always.

Every release since then has been a few small improvements sold as a brand new game. Good for a one man effort, but not really worth the money IMO.

Offline Luis Dias

Much more hyped for something like Limit Theory.

Good to know... thanks

I kind of feel sorry for the guy making it -- two or three years ago when the genre was all modders and indie vapourware, something like this would look a lot better, but now it's competing with several different professionally-made sims right over the horizon.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Oh hey, a new contender: Eve Valkyrie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjhyRkAlK5I

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Sorry I have to agree with a few skeptics around here.
Basically game looks like crap, probably because we know how FS looks and I'd dare to say it does better than this one on lots of aspects.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I've tried Evochron Mercenary, it's a fun game. For it's graphics, incredibly light on disk space thanks to procedural generation. A mission driven game using this engine would be awesome, since I get bored by plotless sandboxes like Mercenary rather quickly.

Well real life has gotten in the way and not in a nice way. Hopefully this fall I will be able to get back into gaming.

I have looked at many of the space combat games and even backed Star Citizen and always come back to wishing FSO had better multiplayer support as I like the graphics and game play.

Some don't like Steam but it does make playing multiplayer much easier. I think we will wait a long time for SC to get finished and not sure many could afford the Pay to Win model it seems to be adopting.  Also looking for more Wing Commander and less Privateer (Squadron 24 is suppose to give us that someday).

Elite sounds kinda boring from the reviews I have read.

Enemy Starfighter looks interesting and a lot like FS so we shall see.

Enemy Starfighter looks amazing but it's not that much like FS, it structures its gameplay around systems rather than scripting.

Actually i think that Arvoch Alliance has better gameplay than most of the other mentioned games.

Because it is a well-established series of games that last nearly 17 years. The initial release StarWraith was from 1998 or so. Arvoch Conflct was the successor to the StarWraith Games (the series is freeware today) and Arvoch Alliance is the successor to this.

I actually like the games by this developer, yeah, technically there are from the stone age, but the gameplay and mission-design is absolutely fine.
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele