Woohoo, finally found the time and courage to do a RP binge reading session. I had like 2 and half pages to catch up with - basically everything from mid november up to late january.
The prospect of impending death (or as it turned out, almost death) inspired me to get back to RPing. I had planned on doing this earlier (in early january to be precise), but I wanted to catch up with everything that people had written in my absence, which itself got postponed until today.
About the RP blackout period (mid november --> early january): basically, RL stuff got kicked into overdrive and there simply wasn't time for anything FS related (besides reading the forums). I then spend a couple of weeks around Xmas and New Year's Eve resting and relaxing. Then I found out how much stuff I needed to read
What I had planned on RPing:
- Resupplying in Virgo: since I had already been there twice for double resupplies, I wanted to turn it into some sort of running gag, with the supply station mocking and taunting the Rear Admiral more & more with each new trip there.
- Facing the Zy: I would have had the Rear Admiral develop a certain hatred for the Zy - particularly after what happened to Tauri, seeing them as a vicious opponent that had claimed a lot of lives and valuable fleet assets (read: named ships, COs and pilots). A particularily exciting bit were the battles with the 2nd Zy, from their interception to their destruction.
- OrBat, named ships, officers & crew & pilots: Those would have been fleshed out as well. I didn't want to have a complete and precise Order of Battle, instead focusing on a few ships and squadron leaders, namely the Swift's escort and a couple of frontline teams. Important people were identifiable by their speech color - the Rear Admiral's was yellow, there was officer pink, etc.
- Interraction with other players: no idea how that would have went.
- The Rear Admiral's personality: I view him as a rather dry & straight forward officer, maintaining a stoic attitude under most circumstances. The Virgo-resupply-taunting thing, and Cyrvan smug acting would have been things that broke his stoicism. I also wanted him to have some sort of rivalry thing with the LSF as a whole.
PRE-POST EDIT - ok, I was supposed to post that earlier this week, but HLP died on me. I don't think I was even done writing it.