Author Topic: Issues with BP: WIH  (Read 1014 times)

Hello,

Just played through BP: AoA and loved it, so I've been trying to get WiH to work but I can't seem to get it to run properly .

Here's the fs2_open.log and the error message.

Can't open model file <diomedes.pof>
ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_1_SSE2_BP.exe! <no symbol>

I'm fairly sure it's not an error from installation. Anyway, any help offered would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance and thanks for creating these mods.

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Offline Yarn

Code: [Select]
FreeSpace 2 Open version: 3.6.17.9465
You used an old 3.6.17 build to make your log, not the newer 3.7.1 build that you were supposed to use. If you still get problems after following the tips below, use a 3.7.1 BP build to make another log. (Actually, you can and should delete your 3.6.17 BP builds; they're broken and are no longer necessary.)

-mipmap
  -spec
  -glow
Deprecated flag '-spec' found. Please remove from your cmdline.
Deprecated flag '-glow' found. Please remove from your cmdline.
These options are obsolete and should be disabled. (Assuming you're using wxLauncher, -spec and -glow are in the "custom flags" field, and -mipmap is called "enable mipmapping" and is found in the Troubleshoot section.)

Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\...
Please move your FS2 installation out of Program Files and to a short path like "C:\Games\FreeSpace2". Moderately long paths, as well as the Program Files folders, are known to cause problems with FS2 Open.

Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\blueplanet2\bp2-compat.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c7d79f8
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\blueplanet\bp-compat.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ef45eaf
These files are unnecessary if you're using a BP build.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Thank you for your help. I've got the game running.

Although, I did have to go back to using 3.6.17 as 3.7.1. would crash upon clicking run.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Just so you know, 3.6.17 has a bug that will destroy your pilot at some point after you've played a red alert mission, and there are red alert missions in BP:AOA.  So I'd really recommend getting the 3.7.1 version working.  Posting another log from a 3.7.1 run will help us help you :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...