Author Topic: Fate of the Galaxy HUD  (Read 1912 times)

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
Fate of the Galaxy HUD
Hi.

I´m looking to build a custom control pannel for FSO, and also i want to use with Fate of the Galaxy Mod.
Sometime ago someone on the forum tell me that the mod will be use the regular exe files so i think it will be compatible
with the standard scripts for FSO.

I want  to know if the mod also uses the standard FSO HUD ( with different design ) or there are any important modifications like for example a fully new scripted Hud, because i think colors or fonts would not affect much, but other things can make my work "unusable".

If there are any problem with this kind of info at this point please tell me, i know the mod is WIP and may be the HUD is not finished or is private information at the momment.

I simply would greatly help to organize my time and work, many thanks.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: Fate of the Galaxy HUD
We'll be using the standard EXEs, but the currently we are using code that is intended to be committed to trunk in the future.  Also the available control list will be modified, as we'll have bindable controls for actions not available in FreeSpace 2, such as firepoint linking, etc.  If you'd like we can detail the exact controls changes from FreeSpace 2 so you can plan for that.  The HUD I believe is not scripted for the most part, although there are some targeting enhancements that I think were implemented in Lua scripting.  The HUD is entirely rearranged and presented with graphics unique to this mod though.  If you have any other questions there's other guys probably better equipped to answer them :)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
To me is enough with this info, more or less there are many things compatible and others improved or added.
While the mod is on WIP i can train with the Scripts and make the final version when the mod is released.
I know I'll play more than once  :D

Anyway if someone want to give us some information about new keys... It will be amazing to open the X-Wing S-Foils   :p

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
I believe that the only "new" key besides the firepoint cycling key is the s-foils toggle, which at least for now is simply the "toggle gliding" key renamed (and I don't see any reason to change that, either).