Author Topic: Joystick Calibration in Mac OS X 10.9.1?  (Read 1790 times)

Joystick Calibration in Mac OS X 10.9.1?
Hello all,

FSO won't respond to the joystick. I'm using "USB Overdrive" which detects the joystick and its full range of input, no problems. Wxlauncher recognizes the joystick and has it selected. The game, though, won't respond to any joystick input. When it's plugged in, the ship flies hard down and left. When it's not plugged in, the ship is stable. I've heard a few people suggest to "Force 1" for this issue, but I suspect that is for Windows only. I don't know how to "Force 1" and I've read every forum post I can find on this.

Joystick: Saitek AV8R joystick
Build: FS2 Open 3.7.0
Launcher: wxLauncher 0.9.4 beta
Media VP's: 3.6.12

Thank you very much for the help!

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Re: Joystick Calibration in Mac OS X 10.9.1?
Thanks for the detailed info.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much I can help, since I doubt there are any OS X users around with that specific stick, and I couldn't find any solid references that the stick is compatible with OS X. I'm not sure that "detectable by external software" necessarily means "usable in game". Do you have it working on other OS X games?

Flying down hard and left probably just means that FSO isn't detecting the stick.

Thoughts offhand:

(1) Make sure that the stick is plugged in both when wxLauncher and then FSO start.

(2) Have you tried using the stick without Overdrive?

(3) Since it never hurts to have: Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

(4) Does the AV8R have trim wheels? I've used a CH Flightstick Pro on OS X (although it's listed as OS X compatible) and have needed to use those to stabilize the stick.