Author Topic: Maximun number of Joystick Axis supported?  (Read 1349 times)

Maximun number of Joystick Axis supported?
Using PPJoy Joy I can have 8 axises. How many does Freespace 2 Open support?

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Re: Maximun number of Joystick Axis supported?
AFAIK it's dynamic.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Actually I thought DirectInput is limited to a lot less than 8, but with the SDL2 builds we'll have soon, we should be able to expand that with further enhancement of the input system.  I've just never heard of DirectInput supporting more than one device, and 4 or so axis with FSO
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
FSO is still limited to 5 axes. X, Y, Z, Rx, and Rz. The SDL2 builds in antipodes will hopefully bump up this limit if I can get my lazy ass moving in 3 directions  :nervous:
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
every input api lets you access multiple sticks. you just have to iterate over them and enumerate. lots of dx games just use the preferred device because nobody wanted to write a for loop.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The no-loop strategy might be related to inlining the read function. Thought I saw somewhere that you couldn't/shouldn't do any loops in an inlined function...
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
perhaps. things do get complicated when you do multiple sticks, moreso than one would think. for one thing you can never guarantee sticks will enumerate in the same order every time. so you have to use the guid to reliably identify a stick. when you store bindings you also can store the guid string so you make sure you map the right bindings to the right stick. ive never actually done this, i always used the name string, but if you have two of the same stick, that might cause problems.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN