Author Topic: Squad Logo, DRADIS and nameplate Questions  (Read 1905 times)

Squad Logo, DRADIS and nameplate Questions
Hi chaps, sorry for the below big batch of questions but FRED's starting to make my head hurt!

First the big question: Does the effectiveness of a Units DRADIS depend on the type of Unit (i.e. Is a Raptors sensors better than a Vipers?) and if not, is there a way via scripting I could simulate this?

Trivial question I know, but does selecting a squad logo work if you choose one via FRED? Does it actually appear on the models?
Also, reference nameplates on the Battlestar, which textures should I be replacing? I read the tutorial, but don't know which one it is I should change.

Cheers in advance!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Squad Logo, DRADIS and nameplate Questions
You can alter DRADIS range on a per-unit basis via simple FRED trickery, and you could definitely hack together some kind of resistance to jamming...if you also implemented jamming.

You can alter DRADIS range on a per-unit basis via simple FRED trickery, and you could definitely hack together some kind of resistance to jamming...if you also implemented jamming.

How would you go about forcing it unit by unit? The only way I've found to adjust it is via the Nebula options in FRED.

I do like the idea of jamming, I hadn't thought of that. Something to potentially revisit in a later mission :)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Use the set-radar-range HUD SEXP in the Events editor, fired by a conditional that checks the player's ship class. This may not work right in multi.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The SEXP itself will work in multiplayer. The problem is that it will set the radar range for every ship to the same value. It would be fairly easy to add an option to the SEXP so that only certain ships get set in this way though. There are plans to improve the way the game handles stealth for R2. But the suggestions Battuta mentions would make a nice stopgap until then.

As for the nameplates, you want to replace col_bs_sobek_sob with the new nameplate. Sob stands for Sobek, the class name of the Theseus. 
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]