Author Topic: [WIP] SF Knight  (Read 21814 times)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
After some talking with Spoon being all reminiscent of the past and delivering him something, I got all inspired to model again. I decide to remake my LSF Knight. Except this time it's going to be the SF Knight. Will there be an LSF version of this one? Who knows.

I actually used an older model of mine as a base. Some may recognize it, most won't. The idea of this is to make it less of an overgrown Challenger with a lot of copy-paste turrets and make a more versatile ship. There will be a beam cannon, but I'm probably going to make it similar to the HTL Hades side beams turrets and have it on a swivel. Maybe multiple of them for multitarget engaging fun.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I really like this  :yes:
What's the colour scheme going to be?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Flak

So is this going to be SF version of the Lord? Otherwise it might be as well a CRF ship in place of the Champion.

Offline Lorric

I remember the name Knight from somewhere, probably the in-game information.

The Sol Fleets are certainly getting a major upgrade. First the new Champion, and now this beast. It's a very nice looking model, I can just picture fighters streaming from both bays.

I wish you luck with this, AndrewofDoom. It could be a fine addition to the new WoD fleets.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
What is the SF relative to the LSF? Is it simply Star Force, or a different branch altogether using the same starting letters?

SF stands for Sol Force, the armed forces branch of the Sol Union faction. Let me dig up the relevent post in the game forum ...

EDIT - There it is

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Heh. I just found that and was about to edit my post to scratch the question out.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
So is this going to be SF version of the Lord? Otherwise it might be as well a CRF ship in place of the Champion.

No. The Knight will likely be comparable to the Lord, but is definitely SF through and through. The name Knight is actually from a never seen LSF ship from the original WoD, and I had made one version of the older one. I figured I'd keep the name since Spoon did for the Champion as well and all the old LSF ships. Unless he hasn't been telling us something. :P

That being said, I plan to make the SF and LSF Knight. It'll be really easy to do.

What's the colour scheme going to be?

It'll match the new Champion. Spoon provided me the source files for reference. It's gives me a much better reference on what I really should be designing. Also allows me to yoink parts of the ship that are likely common with the SF ships. Namely, the turrets and the winglets.

I remember the name Knight from somewhere, probably the in-game information.

The Knight was mentioned only in WoD...once maybe twice? From what I gathered from the little information in game and from talking with Spoon way back when, the Knight was a battleship. It was beefy, big, and unlike most of the LSF ships, had a pretty impressive broadside firepower.

It's a very nice looking model, I can just picture fighters streaming from both bays.

Don't forget the two underneath as well!

Anyway, updated the first post with my lastest progress.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 03:08:07 pm by AndrewofDoom »
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The Knight was mentioned only in WoD...once maybe twice? From what I gathered from the little information in game and from talking with Spoon way back when, the Knight was a battleship. It was beefy, big, and unlike most of the LSF ships, had a pretty impressive broadside firepower.
I'm guessing that information will carry on in this version as well?

Offline Lorric

I think that colour scheme will look good here. And of course, it's great that it matches up with the other powerful SF capital ship, the Champion. :)

From what I have floating around in my head, I think it was billed as the most powerful capital ship. Or at least one of.

It's a very nice looking model, I can just picture fighters streaming from both bays.

Don't forget the two underneath as well!

Ohhhhh nice! :pimp:

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
That being said, I plan to make the SF and LSF Knight. It'll be really easy to do.
Different faction colors, weapons and overall stats, I presume?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Flak

Maybe also a slightly rigged up or stripped down mercenary version, with only 2 fighterbays.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Dhem models :yes:

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
Different faction colors, weapons and overall stats, I presume?

No. To put it this way: Spoon tells me that the only difference between the SF Champion and the LSF Champion is who's insignia is slapped on the side of the hull. The same can be said about the SF and LSF Knight.

Speaking of the LSF and insignias, the LSF actually got a new one. You can see it on the Challenger II at the end of the Turn 16 video. I didn't notice that at all until I saw the Champion's source texture. :P

Maybe also a slightly rigged up or stripped down mercenary version, with only 2 fighterbays.

I don't know anyone in their right minds would offer up a battleship to mercenaries. Even in a stripped down fashion, the Knight is long and massive. To compare, the p3d link above was updated to give a good size comparison with the Champion, which is about 1,000 meters long or so. It's closest Terran WoD comparison that I know of is the Lord is about 2km long, but visually doesn't have much mass to it. Ideally to me, I would make the Knight WoD's version of the Orion...well, not visually anyway. Iron Wall of Humanity indeed.

Getting off that tangent, let's talk about something Orions and Knights might have in common: BEAMZ and PIRATE SUPERDESTROYERS. I was mulling over ideas for beam turrets. I wanted them to be aimed and be big and scary. I had no idea, but then Droid pointed me toward YAL-1. It looks weird, but I can't think of anything else. What do you think?
My Efforts:
SF Knight

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Eyes on a sphere are your best bet, I'm afraid. Or you can always bend things around and put a beam emitter in a cannon, like I think the Orion does.
If you need cannons, Supreme Commander has some pretty cool ones.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Flak

Maybe secondary beam turret similar to Dimensional Eclipse's Typhoon.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
I've updated the p3d link up above. It's also got a primitive turret layout (Still in the works, looking for feedback on that). Just need some button turrets to add and I'll soon be able to UV map it.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Button turrets  :snipe:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
So for a while I've had people recommend that I not use a standard barrel turret and go for the Eyeballs of Doom. For a while I kept resisting because there a whole bunch of ships that do that, not to mention Wings of Dawn throws realism out the window. After all, we all know that all the tech there is secretly powered by magical girls, right?

Sadly, I gave in. I prototyped a Knight with two Eyeballs of Doom. These are not 100% finished, because I want to see if people think this is the right way to go.

I like big beams and I cannot lie.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

Offline Lorric

I very much prefer the other Knight.

I suppose you could create two versions, but I very much prefer the other ship. This one just looks forced, if you know what I mean. The other Knight I'm looking forward to seeing, I like the design and it should fit right into the WoD universe.