Author Topic: Alpha 1 departure cue - docking bay  (Read 2254 times)

Alpha 1 departure cue - docking bay
I think it would be cool if it were possible to have Alpha 1 able to exit to a fighterbay instead of always warping out. It's done in almost all other space sim games, but not FS.

I suppose I could just make an s-exp for when Alpha 1's ready to leave, he has to go within x distance of the capital ship (with the fighterbay) and then the mission will end (red-alert?)...

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
mabey a code change where the player enters the bay, presses d, you hear a mechanical hiss and the mission ends. we would have to get rid of the invisable texture though so you can get into :v: 's ships docks.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
My solution, of course, would be a new sexp that gives control of the player's fighter over to a standard fighter ai, this would allow sexps to be coded which give the ai orders to depart by entering the docking bay of a destroyer (or corvette should it have one).  The best part is that this isnt limited just to one thing, but can be used in many other situations as well.