Author Topic: State of the Galaxy  (Read 10354 times)

Offline PHRiSCo

Re: State of the Galaxy
I'm absolutley ashamed that I don't have this comeplete yet, it's been almost 5 years. Honestly, I apologize, life gets crazy.

I was the Lead Technical Artist on Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition last year, and once again, got laid off after doing a disgusting amount of overtime. That's my final lesson in that school, the juice was definitely not worth the squeeze, although I am immensely proud of that project.

My daughter is now 14 months old, so those paycheques(Canadian spelling) need to keep coming. I'm currently under a short contract with EA working on NHL. It's a really fun job actually; they are letting me be creative, I have no lead responsibilities like I mostly have for the past decade of my career, and I'm getting really positive feedback. That'll be over soon, and then I'm taking my family into a new chapter which I can talk more about later if anyone's interested.

Once we're settled I'll need to reacquaint myself in Max since I've been using Maya the past 2 years on TR and NHL, and the Nebulon is the perfect project to brush up on. I would love to have this complete asap.

Thanks for your patience.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Woo, PHRiSCo! So glad you're still with us!

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
Nebulon B2 would be awesome. I like it in TIE Fighter :)
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Also, we'd love to keep more in touch with you PHRiSCo, feel free to drop by IRC to chat if you ever have the time.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

I was hoping for a XMas release this year...I´m really sad. Maybe next year then.

I am still looking foward to this! Will there be something playable soon? I just installed XvT again to play on Gameranger and it is huge fun!
Warcraft 2.5
http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-25
a fast paced Broodwar/Warcraft2 style mod for Warcraft 3 TFT (without heroes)

http://zero.tauniverse.com/
Total Annihilation Conversion with improved graphics, controls and an additional faction.

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
I am still looking foward to this! Will there be something playable soon? I just installed XvT again to play on Gameranger and it is huge fun!

We haven't really talked about a preview release but the mod is very playable in its current form and most of what we have left is finishing up the campaigns.  Maybe we can talk about the possibility of a limited release soon.

We haven't really talked about a preview release but the mod is very playable in its current form and most of what we have left is finishing up the campaigns.  Maybe we can talk about the possibility of a limited release soon.
Sweet Lord in heaven, YES PLEASE! ;7
Chance favors the prepared mind.

I would be very much in favor of a demo release. I haven't been able to get my Star Wars fighter combat fix in a long time, because the last OS I could get Rogue Squadron 3D to work on was XP, and even that was kind of a pain in the butt. And of course they never ported the other Rogue Squadron games to PC. IIRC, RS2 was Gamecube only. *grumble* And the more recent Star Wars games have pretty much been RPGs. I want to fly fighters, dagnabbit!
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Dain

Even a video would be great. It'd be nice to know what gameplay will look like. I'm hoping for something that fits somewhere in between Freespace and the X-wing games.. with a dash of how fighter combat looks in the movies..

Alternatively one day it'll be a lovely surprise like Diaspora.. :)

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
Even a video would be great. It'd be nice to know what gameplay will look like. I'm hoping for something that fits somewhere in between Freespace and the X-wing games.. with a dash of how fighter combat looks in the movies..

I think what you'll find is how fighter combat looks in the movies...with a dash of something between Freespace and the X-Wing games.  :D

We haven't posted a video in a really long time - I'll see if we can whip something up.  I'd really like to have an actual full-fledged trailer, but unfortunately FSO doesn't have a flight recorder I can use to go back and get shots from other angles, so my attempts so far have been limited.

We may also have some other news for you shortly...stay tuned.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
We need to use the SEXP or Lua support for camera positioning and record scripted scenes for making a trailer.  I want to find time soon to direct some missions to create some teaser shots, if no one else beats me to it.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

I think what you'll find is how fighter combat looks in the movies...with a dash of something between Freespace and the X-Wing games.  :D
This is one of the most unique and exciting things about FotG, IMHO. No other Star Wars flight combat game (official or fan-made) has aspired to be this authentic. :yes:

We haven't posted a video in a really long time - I'll see if we can whip something up.  I'd really like to have an actual full-fledged trailer, but unfortunately FSO doesn't have a flight recorder I can use to go back and get shots from other angles, so my attempts so far have been limited.

Even some gameplay footage would be absolutely epic. :cool:
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline Gray

As much as i loved to have a Demo, i'd be against it - in this case and would prefer a short gameplay video.

Offline Dain

Hey, I get excited at just screenshots, everything looks so lovely ingame.

I think a demo release would be awesome.  As I mentioned in another post, I think this mod is shaping up to be the best Star Wars sim since X-Wing Alliance :D

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
Yes, yes, yes, with a good video trailer we get poop in our pants   :D

I think it will be the best game in many years   :cool: