Author Topic: Sound Effects (weapons, comms) cut out after mission start  (Read 966 times)

Sound Effects (weapons, comms) cut out after mission start
Recently, when I play a mission the audio for weapon effects (The Sublach Cannon Firing Sound) cuts out after firing the cannons for a few seconds. When this happen any comm chatter in the mission also cuts out. If I wait a big and hit the trigger again I can hear the weapons sound ONCE, but then I keep firing and I don't hear the effect anymore. I have deleted my entire FSO directory and reinstalled, I have also tried reinstalling open AL. In addition I have tried selecting both the Creative and the generic driver from the WX launcher menu. This is in Windows 8.1 Log attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Sound Effects (weapons, comms) cut out after mission start
You could try installing and using OpenALSoft instead of Creatives OpenAL. I'm just not sure if you need both for it to work correctly with a Creative sound card or not.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

That did it! Thanks! No clue why it happened all of a sudden but that fix worked. Thanks for the really quick response. I really appreciate it.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
no problems, and I'm glad it fixed the issue for you :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...