Author Topic: FS2 Main Campaign Co-Op  (Read 4597 times)

FS2 Main Campaign Co-Op
Hi,

Sorry if I'm duplicating a thread with this question, but I can't figure out how to select the main FS2 campaign as my co-op campaign; it just doesn't show up in the campaign list when I try hosting a multiplayer game. I've done some searching and couldn't find anything other than confirmation that you can play it in co-op.

I've installed the game from GOG, downloaded build 3_6_18, have the launcher 5.5g, downloaded the require media vp files and put them in the mediavps_3612 folder. I've downloaded and overwritten my .exe files with the one in the 'HotUv1.20Pack', and downloaded the multiplayer mission pack and voices from one of the stickies.

Can someone please point out what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: FS2 Main Campaign Co-Op
Multiplayer works differently.  You host just like your hosting a single player game except you choose campaign at the bottom of the mission list.  Progress is not saved like it is in single.  For long campaigns (more then 2 or 3 missions) it's better to just play the missions individually in order.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

I can see the Templar Campaign, but not the main FS2 one.

Here's my steps:

1. Create a multiplayer pilot
2. Go to host multiplayer game, create a new game.
3. When I select 'campaigns' at the bottom, all I can see is the Templar Campaign. Under missions, I cannot see any of the single player campaign missions.

You mentioned that it's like hosting a single player game. Can you explain what you mean by that? Thanks.

He means, when you play a campaign in multi it 'whooshes' you along to the next mission, anyone who's stayed connected will get whooshed along with you.
There is no saves, and no medals in the campaigns, so you are better off playing them as singular missions.

Campaign support/enthusiasm for multi has been horrendous both from Volition and the HLP community, you wont get much joy there (it's buggy, and there's very little content for it).
You could convert some yourself, but they would require rebalancing to get much enjoyment out of them multiplayer.

I would suggest getting used to flying the singular FS2 Co-Op missions, or the dedicated multi missions, rather than trying to make a campaign file like the FS2 SP one, for multi..
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Having multiplayer pop up a message box saying "You have played this campaign as far as Mission X, would you like to continue or restart the campaign Yes/No" has been something I've been meaning to add for a long time. Now that Taylor's new pilot code is finally in trunk, I might take a stab at it one day but it's a lower priority fix than the other stuff I'm doing with multi for the moment.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Having multiplayer pop up a message box saying "You have played this campaign as far as Mission X, would you like to continue or restart the campaign Yes/No" has been something I've been meaning to add for a long time. Now that Taylor's new pilot code is finally in trunk, I might take a stab at it one day but it's a lower priority fix than the other stuff I'm doing with multi for the moment.

:confused:
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'm keeping what I'm up to a minor secret at the moment as it might go nowhere and I don't want to disappoint people. Mainly I wanted to point out that there are coders who do care about multi.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Adj

Hey JZcaesar,

Was wondering if you ever got your question answered.  Myself and a friend want to play the retail mission co-op and i cant seem to find it on the campaigns list or the single missions list.  Ive managed to do it in the past somehow (i've deleted and re-installed since) but i cant seem to figure it out this time around.

Thanks

Offline Govenator

• You have been targeted for termination!
I would also like to know the answer to this question.  It would be a lot of fun to play the campaign with friends!