Author Topic: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.14.3 (combined launcher/installer)  (Read 184670 times)

Offline Iido

Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.14.3 (combined launcher/installer)
THAT FIXED IT! It works now, thank you so much! I had already re-downloaded the installer for the last couple of attempts, so, the problem must have been the %appdata%\HardLightProductions\FreeSpaceOpen folder. Deleting that was the only thing I did differently this time.

Finally, time to get back to playing some mods! :D I outta take a spin through FS2 again soon too, it's been quite a while since I played... hey, I may do that first.

Offline Tarvis

Is there any way to stop campaign mods from installing or using MVPs?

Let's say hypothetically I prefer playing with original graphics, and I want to try something like ST:R. I cannot untick everything in the MVP checkboxes when it prompts the user for what to download even though ST:R does not require MVPs. So I'm forced to wait and download several GBs of the MVPs stuff before I can play, even if I'm just going to go and delete the MVPs.

And even if I did keep MVPs, I feel like there should be a better way in Knossos of handling optional mods like MVPs, cause it seems like it will always use it if it's there. A way of right clicking the mod and disabling the optional mods it specifies. That way I could decide when I want to or dont want to play using MVPs, just like I can play FS2 retail without them.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The point about MVPs is that many mods actually require them. It means that they just won't run without the MVPs and/or they'll result in several bugs if run.

Additional settings normally allow to choose how far the graphics can be pushed in FSO (Advanced MVPs aren't a requirement, for example, and can be toggled on/off depending on the performance of your computer), but that's a different side of the coin.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah
FSCRP Contributions: Aftermath - Deep Blood - Warzone
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

And even if I did keep MVPs, I feel like there should be a better way in Knossos of handling optional mods like MVPs, cause it seems like it will always use it if it's there.

I do think there needs to be a way for users to easily modify the mod stack when launching. Overriding version requirements, removing or inserting mods or whole packages, and anything else of the sort, without going into the develop tab or editing json. People inserting cockpit mods or high resolution HUD mods would benefit, and it'd make working around mods with bad version requirements much less painful.

Hi, today I tried to launch Blue Planet Complete mod and received this error as attached. Please assist.

"A critical error occured! Knossos might not work correctly until you restart it.

The error has been reported and will hopefully be fixed soon. If you want to help, report this bug on our Dscord channel, in the HLP thread or on GitHub. Just click a button below to open the relevant page."

I restarted the launcher and my computer a few times, it's still not working.
I'm a great collector of mods, 73 and counting! Ask me for the list.

Try verifying the file integrity.

P.S.:  BPcomplete is version 1.1.1 here!