Author Topic: Battlefield 3 is free on origin for the next few days...  (Read 4457 times)

Offline Aesaar

Re: Battlefield 3 is free on origin for the next few days...
Yeah, Battlefield has been overwhelmingly MP oriented since it started.  Bad Company was breaking the trend by including an SP campaign.  Basically, since Call of Duty and Battlefield started seriously competing, the Battlefield games have started caring about SP by having COD-style campaigns.

Also, I think the console spinoff of BF2 had an SP campaign.  Never played it, so can't confirm.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 06:37:50 pm by Aesaar »

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Current free game is Plants vs Zombies GOTY.
Just downloading now, looks like an interesting enough diversion for free.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
No such time ever existed. BF1942, BFV, and BF2 only had 'single player' in that you could play multiplayer levels vs. lots of bots, sometimes in a loosely connected chain. They were always multiplayer-focused shooters without developed campaigns.

The heaviest focus on the single player campaign has been in the more recent installments. They're still not very good, but now they have dedicated single player levels, cinematics, and a lot of scripted content.
Ah, right. Must've confused it with Call Of Duty (which was SP-oriented at the start). They're pretty much in the same category for me (dumb shooters I won't play unless they're free). :)

(dumb shooters I won't play unless they're free). :)

But Battlefield is not dumb! :(

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
And by all accounts I've heard, the original Call of Duty was a terrific game itself.  I have a CD copy of that I picked up at a used book sale once; one of these days I'll finally get around to trying it.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Even CoD4 had one of the smarter game stories I've played, because it understood ~subtext~. I'd say it and the original CoD both stood as superb games.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Yeah Bad Company is the first BF game I can think of with a story driven single player.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”