Author Topic: Mission loading problem  (Read 2017 times)

Mission loading problem
After a few days I finally got the game to work and after a missions or two it stopped loading them. I'm not sure if I'm just being impatient or there is a real problem. I'll attach my log file like always and a screenshot.

If anyone can help me that would be nice, after all I've gotten great feedback and support before on here.

thanks

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

Re: Mission loading problem
ok so I just got this when starting up the mission.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

Offline Yarn

It looks like a problem with the mission itself. What mission are you trying to play?

And while we're at it:
Code: [Select]
Found root pack '/Applications/freespace 2/data/movies/tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack '/Applications/freespace 2/data/movies/tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack '/Applications/freespace 2/data/movies/tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack '/Applications/freespace 2/data/movies/tangoA_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x2e10c984
Found root pack '/Applications/freespace 2/data/movies/tangoB_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x0a5f4659
Found root pack '/Applications/freespace 2/data/movies/warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Delete these from your data/movies folder. Only MVE and Ogg files belong there.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

It says I'm missing the GTT Argo 01

I just finished with the Hammerhead's and now going on to the 107 Raven's. sorry don't know the name of the actual mission.

no vp file should be in there as will

Delete them?

oh sorry that's what you were telling me to do my bad.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Could you please upload a debug log when actually encountering the error? The log you attached just shows the game being quit successfully at the end...

Additionally, I am unable to encounter a problem loading A Lion At The Gate. As an aside, how (and why) are you playing the standard FreeSpace 2 campaign through the Blue Planet mod? The latest release of Blue Planet disables the FreeSpace 2 campaign, and that's the one that lists the 2014 MediaVPs in its mod.ini...

EDIT: I also had no problems loading the two TSMs immediately prior to A Lion At The Gate.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:16:26 pm by AdmiralRalwood »
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

everything is good now,  I was running the wrong mod which was 3.6.10 total and not the 2014 mod that I was on before.