Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 372371 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: What are you playing right now?
Picked up a game called Hob that I learned about from a random GDQ run.  It's an action-platformer with some Metroidvania mechanics worked in.  The cool part is that you're essentially helping to reconstruct this clockwork world as you move through the game and restore power and water flow to different areas.  The storytelling is all non-verbal, even the straight-up "lore" bits, so you have to mostly rely on environmental cues to get an idea of what might have happened in the past.  The art design is gorgeous and the soundtrack is a low-key dreamlike affair, so it's perfect for just chilling out and exploring.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Hob was made by the same developers who made Torchlight. ;)
My blog

Quote: Saturday, 11 July 2020, 1354hrs UTC, #freespace
streeeeeeeeeeeee
you know you ****ed up your voice acting if the vasudans sound more coherent than the terrans

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, though I'm only familiar with that series by name.

Pushed through and finished it after I realized I was close to the ending.  13 hours is pretty good for something that cost me $6 or so.  I was pleasantly surprised by how many of the collectibles I was able to get without resorting to a map.  The ending gives you a binary choice, but one is definitely much more of a Good End for most parties involved.  Props to the game for being an enjoyable little experience.